Chantix User Reviews

Chantix - User Reviews

Chantix User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Chantix sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Gnico09, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 19

Please use extreme caution while taking this medication! After a pack a day for 10 years, I figured id try this drug since patches/gum didn't help. The side effects severely outweigh the benefits. I had a total mental breakdown with this drug with attempted suicide. Gastrointestinal problems were rather severe and disrupted my daily function. And the agitation and lack of sleep due to extreme lucid dreams/nightmares have caused severe strain on my relationships with friends and family (aiding in the breakdown). I have completely stopped this nightmare of a drug and have had to start taking hearty doses of Valium to get my anxiety, panic, and depression under check. If I knew then what I know now about this drug I would have never ever started it in the first place. Keep in mind that all of these side effects happend all within 3 weeks of taking this drug! Please please try alternative ways of quitting smoking instead of taking this drug. It is not worth the side effects what so ever.

Related Reading: suicide | sleep | Valium

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 18

People with anxiety or depression issues SHOULD NOT take this drug! Before taking this drug, both issues had not botherd me in years. Within two days, I was extremely agitated and unable to control my anger. Within the first week, my anxiety was throught the roof. I took it for three weeks and then quit because of the side effects. That was in November, it is now February and I am still not the same as I was before. I have been working with my dr, but I am still having problems. I am afraid I will never get better. Before taking it, I read reviews and took my chances. Please dont make my mistake if you have these issues. DONT TAKE CHANTIX. Taking it was one of the worst decisions I have ever made!

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 21

Wife and I got on it together about 2-3 weeks ago. Cravings for cigarettes were totally gone in a few days. Unfortunately, both had severe mood swings, severe depression, even occasional suicidal thoughts for me and uncontrollable bouts of crying sometimes half the night for no reason. Argued with her more in 3 weeks than in the entire rest of our marriage. Drug works great but the side effects we had are NOT worth it. Not going back to smoking, will stay off cigarettes but will NOT take this drug one more day. Would only recommend this drug if very closely supervised by a doctor for psychological side effects not listed on the information pack. Don't know if anyone else has experienced this but it's scary. Total mood change in us both.

Comment from: txgm@aol.com, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 08

the best most effective way to quit smoking. It has been a breeze compaired to other quit smoking programs.

Comment from: auntof1badboy, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 25

Chantix was a wonder drug for me. It was a little scary how well it controlled my cravings to smoke. I told my husband it was like brain-washing. The only side effect I had was nausea, which was alleviated if I ate before I took the medication. I would recommend it to anyone.

Comment from: Athyrio, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 10

100% effective, my wife will never smoke again, she passed away 12/12/07. Weird dreams, depression, suicidal thoughts, upset stomach, hallucinations. She was being treated for chronic back pain and had medication that could have created an overdose. She was found by my daughter in bed, after I sent her over to check because I couldn't get hold of her while I was out of town. She had been talking weird to her best friend and me the day before and we both got worried. I am still waiting for the results of the toxicology reports from the medical examiner's office. Please be very aware of the risks.

Smoking Cessation

Get tips, treatments, & motivation.