Cimzia User Reviews

Cimzia - User Reviews

Cimzia User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Cimzia sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: JoolieQ, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 26

Be EXTREMELY careful with this biologic! After the loading doses 9/1; 9/16 and 9/30 I developed Hives, Lupus-like rash, heart speeding up, anxiety, severe hair loss - almost 50%, extreme fatigue, nausea and no appetite! My Crohn's is about the same as before starting it, if slightly better - but that may be because I really don't feel like eating. Upon contacting my provider with these symptoms several times and requesting alternate treatment, they basically refuse to believe it's the Cimzia and want me to continue on it and participate in the side effects study. No alternative treatment is even being considered. The NERVE! I still have these effects ongoing and it's 10/28/09...I'm filing a MedWatch report with the FDA - and anything else I can do to report my provider because they don't care about me - they just want guinea pigs for their study of this fairly new medication.

Related Reading: Hives | Lupus | rash

Comment from: chuckie, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 05

I feel as though the joint pain and bladder pain is from this med Dr not certain yet still real new for me.

Comment from: bunna, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 14

First of all, like another patient, Remicaide had given up on me too. I also read someone saying they now have allergies to bandaids. I actually developed this with Remicaide and was told that it was a hypersensitivity issue- that and the lack of response eventually caused me to quit using that med. I have been on Cimzia for 11 months now and have mixed reviews. It never lasts the four weeks that it is supposed to. For the first couple of weeks, I see great improvement then weeks 3 and 4 go downhill quickly. My doctor was going to try an intermediate dose but I cannot stay healthy long enough to do that. That is my biggest complaint- I am always sick- with something...- I had total knee replacement in 5/08 and now think I have a bone infection- If so, will have to have the whole knee taken out, bones scraped, and a new knee put in. I am not sure if the short lived improvement is worth the side effects. Also, I saw many posts about the use of Narcotics- I was there (Fentanyl, Percocet, Oxycontin) and all I can tell you is that they almost ruined my life. I understand the pain and am not trying to judge but if you have any alternatives, try to get off these. Since I have been dealing with the pain so long now- 14 years- I usually just cope. At most, I take 2 Vicodins- They help but do not get rid of it totally. All the others eventually made me non functional. It always seems to be a no-no win situation with Crohn's. I wish someone would come up with a cure instead of all these funky meds...

Related Reading: Cimzia | Percocet | Oxycontin

Comment from: elleswraps, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 20

I think everyone who has Chrons should try this drug. It is easy because it is shipped to your home, a nurse comes and gives it to you, and it really has worked like no other! It doesn't make you gain weight (like steroids) either! YAY! I agree with the posts that say it makes you sleepy the day after. It does the same to me. I also seem to get a cold, or coughing the next day. But like many, I wouldn't stop taking this medicine! Oh, I too, feel that the second shot stings more than the first!!...whether it be the thigh or tummy! Weird! I do have a question i was hoping someone could help me with? My doctor has had me on pain killers for the past 2 years with my severe chrons....although no surgeries, I was in TONS of pain. I was on fentynol and lots of opiates. Now, I am only taking 10mg Norco, 2 every 8 hours. Now that I'm on Cimzia, I feel that I can go with no pills. But I am afraid of the withdrawl symptoms i have gone through before. Does anyone have any advice for me?? I am thinking of asking to take Suboxone, but I'm not sure if that will make things worse! Or do you think that I should stay on my Norco? I am quite functional on them, but i do not work now, and since the new shots are working, it is time to get back to work! Thank you to anyone who posts on here to help me! Please feel free to email me at Elleswraps@Aol.com. THANKS~!!!

Related Reading: Norco | Suboxone

Comment from: mznoazark, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 18

I was diagnosed with Chron's in July 2009. Was in the hospital for 36 days the first time. 1 week later for 16 days. Ive had 26 blood transfusions and countless procedures and meds. Remicade didn't work. Ive n=been on Cimzia sence October. Just started having side effects. Weight gain, joint pain (real bad in my hands and and elbows)lost most of my hair, my vision is blurry, rash, shortness of breath, and abdominal pain. I have a hard time talking sometimes because the words don't come out of mouth right. Its like my brain says one thing and my mouth says something else. I take anxiety meds, but my Dr doesn't seem to thing I am in real pain. Its good to know I'm not alone with these symptoms. I thought I was going crazy.

Related Reading: Remicade | abdominal pain | anxiety