Cimzia User Reviews

Cimzia - User Reviews

Cimzia User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Cimzia sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: YourSafety, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 07

Initially this Drug worked well then I began to have many additional issues from my heart skipping beats, joint pains, shortness of breath, buring in the muscles, to name the problems that bothered me the most. Then there was getting off the Drug, made me very hungry all the time weight gain if I did not control my eating.. I wanted more my stomach tole me to eat but I knew different.. and the worst thing was SHAKES. Doctors told me that there were no issues that what I was feeling was not from the use of the drug, however it seemed that the Doctors that told me this were the same Doctors pushing the Drug. They do not discuss the problems the drug causes of the effects of coming off this drug.

Comment from: mommyofthree, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 27

I have only taken the first dose of the medication but had some scary side effects. About four hours after injecting Cimzia I was awoken by severe dizziness, numbness of my tongue, tingling in my arms, hands, and legs, shortness of breath, swelling of my lips...I have never felt like this before. I had been on Enbrel for 5 years and I have not had any allergies to medication before. I have had a slight improvement in small joint swelling and pain as well as a decrease in the duration of my morning stiffness. After several years of waiting for a new drug I am disappointed. Good luck to everyone-hope it works for you!

Related Reading: dizziness | Enbrel

Comment from: Chronnie, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 21

This has been a huge improvement for me and extremely rapid. I cant wait to see more improvements. 5 of 8 active fistulas stopped within 1 week, swelling way down energy up.Nausea almost nonexsistant. I have decreased my pain meds to 1/4 of what I was taking(Fetanyl,Vicoden,diladud) The only "side effects" if they are really side effects are kinda wierd. I can not stay awake for nothing the next day, my face has broken out(acne not this ad since teen years) and I have developed a allergy to bandaids(non latex even) But there is NO WAY I would discontinue Cimzia because of these. I FINALLY see a light at the end of this horrible Crohn's tunnel and hope to resume my life within one yearif I keep improving as I am. P.S. for some reason the 2nd injection stings like CRAZY even though it is in a different site each time(Tummy then thigh or vice versa)

Related Reading: acne | allergy

Comment from: Wilma, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 13

The price for Cimzia is obscene!!! When my health insurance ends, I'm screwed big time. We must continue the fight for Universal, single-payer health care. I am an RA patient and I work in Clinical Trials for RA patients. My patients are suffering and can't afford this medicine. These medicines for RA (Biologics) cost practically nothing to make and the pharmaceuticals recoup their research costs in just a few years, for example, Enbrel today is pure profit for the drug companies, raking in tens of thousands of dollars per year per patient.

Comment from: whymoore, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 25

I've been on this drug for 5 months now, and it has helped with the abdominal pain. However, the diarrhea is still a daily occurance, although generally limited to only 1 to 2 times a day, which is an improvement. My concern is I have very little energy, get shortness of breath a lot, and now my muscles have started hurting. I'm used to having joint pain, but this muscle pain is new to me. Also, I have gotten a pretty bad bacterial infection twice that was very painful and required a double does of antibiotics both times to get over, not fun! My doctor really wants me on this drug, but I am not sure I'm going to last much longer on it. I've been fortunate in that I've always only had moderate Crohn's, no hospital stays or operations, but my doctor thought I was headed that way and that's why he put me on this drug. I just don't know if it's worth it though. Wondering if anyone else has had the muscle pain issue? I think that is what is scaring me the most right now. Also, I self inject and have not had any real issues with that, sometimes there is stinging, but not too bad, and sometimes I barely notice any stinging at all.

Related Reading: diarrhea | muscle pain

Comment from: floridabro82, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 20

I was diagnosed with Crohns in 1998. I went on Remicade in 99. It stopped working as well so they switched me to Cimzia. My diarrhea has gotten worse and I had to go on Prednisone. I have been on it for 4 months now and I have literally been sick with something (fever) for the last 3 months. I have been tested for everything under the sun and the only thing that makes sense is the Cimzia. My lymph nodes are the size of golf balls and I have a fever of around 100 degrees every day non-stop.

Related Reading: fever