Cimzia User Reviews

Cimzia - User Reviews

Cimzia User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Cimzia sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Robyn, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 24

Hi all. I've had Crohn's for 30 years now. 1 surgery and that did wonders for the 24/7 pain. I have 3 fistulas and do well. Most days I only take a bunch of prescription lomotil so I can teach. I recently had a bowel obstruction and now on 40 ml of prednisone. After so many years, I lose the obsession with food after a week and I don't really get moon face. But I need to get off it so I'm starting cimzia. I had my initial dosage and didn't feel tired or the other stuff. But I also don't feel any different. My next dose is this Sunday. But I have 1 comment to make: WHAT'S WITH THE HORRIBLE BURNING!!! I almost can't handle it. I don't know how I'm going to be able to do this to myself. The nurse is coming again to push the plunger; I'll do the injection. But if it burns still so badly, my girlfriend said she will push the plunger for me each month. I can't believe how bad it feels. I've done it in my thigh and the first show was bruised and swollen. The other was swollen. I can't imagine doing this in my stomach. Good luck to you all. A positive attitude is the key to this horrible disease. catlady27406@yahoo.com

Related Reading: lomotil | burns

Comment from: indeegirl, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 07

This drug has done wonders for me. I have never needed pain killers like another reviewer on this site, but my diarrhea has improved significantly. My energy has improved and I am able to travel with my husband without as much concern of problems. The day after my shots, I have extreme fatigue. I am fortunate enough to be able to give in to that feeling, and I take it slow and rest the day of my injection and the following day as well. I have a question for the other users. I am not allowed to give myself the injections, I am required to have home health nurses come and give it to me. I was told the drug is not approved for self administration.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 29

I have had Crohn's for 20 years and have been on every available medication and nothing has worked other than prednisone. My doctor prescribed cimzia after Humira failed to work in order to help get me off the prednisone. I've been on Cimzia since Feb. My abdominal pain has become less severe and other than extreme fatigue the day after, my overall level of energy seems better as well. However, I've experienced extreme weight gain 12 lbs in 6 weeks and my diarrhea has actually gotten worse. Unfortunately for me, I'm not sure the small improvements will be worth the side effects.

Related Reading: Humira

Comment from: bigjd31, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 13

I was prescribed Cimzia the end of September 2010 for my Crohn's Disease & Rheumatoid Arthritis and have been getting sicker ever since being on it. Its has caused hypersensitivity i cant go outside or in a light room with out glasses, it also caused me to get optic neuritis in my right eye, im now having nerve problems because of this so called "medicine" and just took a neuro-psych test because my doctors think Cimzia has made me Bi-Polar. This drug sucks and has caused nothing more than to make me get sicker & develop more illnesses. PLEASE DISCUSS WITH YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT THE SIDE EFFECTS!!!! I did and he blew off my concerns with "its really rare thatll never happen to you and TA DAH!! THANKS CIMZIA!!(SARCASM)

Comment from: CaAfAm, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 14

RA is a nasty condition and I was diagnosed 2 years ago. I have tried various meds, just like you and here's what I found to help me. Injections are more painful than taking pills (hence the 'ease of use' rating), but the relief from pain is wonderful. I have a prescription for 400mg (2 shots) once a month, but feel that I need it more often. I am also taking Methotrexate and daily Motrin (600mg twice a day since I am an Rn and work 12 hours shifts 2/3 times/week). Humira did not have the instant relief and so I don't know if it is longer lasting. NOW, I can dance, walk and jog and at last loose the weight from the Prednisone gain. Yeah!! Here is to 2011 being a new year. I pray that God be with you and help you through His Word as it has encouraged me.

Comment from: mara62228, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 04

I've had Crohn's Disease for 29 years. 4 intestinal resections. Tried Remicade and then got Serum Sickness - so no more Remicade. Tried Humira - didn't work. 3rd loading dose of Cimzia last Sunday. I feel good and have a ton of energy the day after the shot then it is downhill from there. I am gaining quite a bit a weight and I don't understand why. I hope this will help me but I still feel sick with diarrhea, pain in the lower right side. Just don't feel well.