Cimzia User Reviews

Cimzia - User Reviews

Cimzia User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Cimzia sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Chubbs, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 13

I have only had my first two shots. I seem to have gotten severe joint pain. I am not sure if this will last or go away, but I am going to stick with it for awhile longer. Remicade seems to have given up on me.

Comment from: Lou, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 16

I was diagnosed with RA 3 years ago. I've been on Cimzia 4 months. My energy level is better. What it hasn't helped is the pain in my legs at night. I let the shots sit out for a half hour before using. Have had no side effects to speak of. Use Ibuprofen for pain when needed. It doesn't last very long. God Bless all of you that have to live with RA. It is a bummer.

Related Reading: Ibuprofen

Comment from: Just Me, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 15

I have had my first two "loading" doses. My RA was diagnosed about 20 years ago, and I have tried just about every medication there is for RA. One of the nurses at the infusion office told me about Cimzia so my doctor said lets try it. So far I do not see any difference - time will tell. I am to take 2 shots every 4 weeks. I am a bit upset by the posts here saying that it is difficult and painful. I find it so much easier than an infusion. You need to let the syringes sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before injecting (this is in the instructions), and give the injection either in the top of your leg (thigh) or stomach. I do not find it painful. At first there is the slight "burning sensation" but it goes away in minutes. When injecting you need to take your time since the solution is thick-this is not something that you just stick, push, and go. But you actually have to slowly push the plunger on the syringe. I am hoping that this works for me. The fatigue and joint damage is taking its tole. Just need to stop the damage and find some energy.

Comment from: sunny, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 28

I had rheumatoid arthritis for over 20 years. I am in my 50's now and was using Remicade but developed serious allergies. Cimzia is my miracle drug. I had the shots now twice (2 months). I m getting 2 shots of 200 mg each once a month. i feel wonderful as if I never had this disease. I am able to exercise with weights now Before my hands and feet were in so much pain. I have lots of energy. I work full time. The only thing I am feeling is my heart racing more but if that's the noly thing i have to go through then, i m fine with that. also the shots don'hurt as much and it is so fast! Hope all of you do well too.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 05

I have been taking Cimzia for 8 weeks now and it has not helped me at all.

Comment from: soulsoarer, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: February 21

Have had Crohn's diagnosis for around 8 years, (but probably had it for 15 years before diagnosis) nothing had worked although i would have periods of remission. Cimzia has been a miracle. I have gained a little weight, # of bowel movements have significantly reduced, joint pain totally gone, energy level way increased (in fact am walking 90 to 120 minutes a day) This drug has been a miracle. I was tired, hurting and depressed, and although i had been able to work, there were times that i could not work a full day, i can now work a full day with full energy. I still have some stomach pain, and lots of intestinal noises, but I have lost the hopeless feeling that nothing will get better. Although the drug is expensive, the change in the quality of my life is beyond expectation. ( and my husband is enjoying not only my renewed energy,and renewed interest in activities I had long ago abandoned). Cimzia has given me be a life I had lost.

Comment from: 89SHADOW, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 18

VERY EFECTIVE AFTER FOUR DOSES,WEIGHT GAIN WITH EVERY DOSE.I DO FEEL TIRED ALL THE TIME,HAVING SWOLLEN GLANDS TWICE 6WEEKS APART.ABDOMEN BLOATED ,CONSTANT MILD HEART BURN.ZANTAC HELPS SOME WHAT.APPETITE VERY STRONG.THIS DRUG AND ALL THE OTHER DRUGS LIKE THIS ONE EFFECT YOUR WELL BEING ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.IN MY CASE I HAVE RASHES ON ARMS AND FARHEAD.NO PAIN NO GAIN.

Related Reading: ZANTAC

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 14

I tried DMARS and NSAIDs for awhile but kept having to use prednisone. I took a few months of this drug, but its finally working. My fatigue from the RA is almost completely gone. I do feel like a bus hit me the day after injections but its worth it. There is hardly no pain with the shots and very easy to give. No side effects so far

Related Reading: NSAIDs