Cipro User Reviews

Cipro - User Reviews

Cipro User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Cipro sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 07

Cipro is a "broad spectrum" antibiotic which will also kill ALL the healthy bacteria in your body. Other choices for UTI's are better such as Macrobid, which only travels through the urinary tract. If you must take Cipro, please follow with probiotics, yogurts, and no sugar to prevent yeast and parasitic overgrowth!

Related Reading: Cipro | Macrobid

Comment from: mrsiliglenn, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 19

After 3 days of a 10 day treatment, this drug made me physically ill. I had shakes, headache, dizzieness, heart racing, no energy, horrible taste in my mouth, numbness in my arms and lightheaded. I stopped taking this drug because I thought I was having a heart attack. My symptoms have gone away from the UTI, but I will need to see the Dr. again to make sure that it is completely gone. 3 days were enough for me... I would not recommend this drug at all. Every side effect that you could possibly have, I did. Horrible medication.

Related Reading: headache | heart attack

Comment from: deb, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 13

horrible! can't believe they prescribe this, many symtoms- you name- had to quit after I forced myself to take all of 4 days out of ten- and my doc was suprised at reactions- what the heck! read the 3 page insert. wish I'd never taken it, and hope I don't have any long term effects from it.

Comment from: nancello5, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 03

I am left with sever leg muscle weekness after taking this drug that should have never been prescribed to me as I have a Peripherial neuropathy - I figured this out after 3x's Dr's will not admit this adds to my neuropathy, but I know it does. Do Not take this medication!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment from: Phanay, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 07

Ciprofloxacin: Never again! 10 days of Extreme migrains, skin peeling, flu like symptoms, Bad acid reflux, rough skin, painful legs, tender breasts, spine pain, heart palpatations on last day. Side effects continued 3 days after the 10 day treatment. I was not able to make the 40 mile trip to the doc because of the extreme pain. So stuck it out. Could not be out of bed for long. This is a horrible medication! When they gave this to me, I asked for pain pills to go with it. Was told that I would have no pain after I started taking it!

Related Reading: flu

Comment from: prone2uti, on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 04

For the last 3 years I get reoccuring urinary tract infections & have been prescribed lots of antibotics by my urologist. He has ran every test & did exams to try to find why i get them so often but so far no luck figuring it out. Cipro is the only med that works for me. I dont have any side effects with this med. To me it's a miracle med because uti's make me very uncomfortable & its the only thing that gives me releif.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 27

I was prescribed this drug today for a UTI. In the past my doctor has prescribed Bactrim which worked great, but unfortunately the last time I took it, I broke out in hives. I took my first dose of Cipro today after dinner and 15 minutes later, I thought I was going to have to call 911! Out of no where my heart started racing and my head and chest felt heavy. I had this weird numb feeling rush over me and I honestly thought I was going to pass out. This feeling lasted about 5 minutes but it left me a jittery mess. I had to lie down afterwards. My nervousness has lasted for 5 hours now and I'm beginning to get a headache. I'm afraid to take anything because it said no caffeine or ibuprofen. This drug is horrible! I will never take this again. I'm definitely phoning my doctor in the AM.

Related Reading: Bactrim | hives | ibuprofen

Comment from: 45-54 Published: February 04

My daughter suffered hallucinations from this antibiotic, I suppose an unusual side effect. However it resulted in the death of a 25 year old beautiful young woman.