Ciprodex User Reviews

Ciprodex - User Reviews

Ciprodex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Ciprodex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: mepley, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 14

have not seen any improvement using these drops.stiil have pain and now a lil blood.and have this feeling that something is crawing in my ear.told dr she gave me oral antibodites does pk,finally some better.wasted my money on the drops

Comment from: Terra, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 01

My 3 year old daughter has suffered from ear infections with effusion since she was 7 months old. She had tubes placed when she was 2. I have had to give her ciprodex numerous times but this is the last time. After I payed $140 for this little tube she has blood draining from her ears and it is awful. I cannot even articulate how upset I am. Homeopathy is so much better.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 01

Have ear infection. Used for two days and pain is worse than without drug. Now have swelling and sharp pain. Also using z-pac antibiotic.

Comment from: nside, 3-6 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 21

It did not make my 3-year old son's ear feel better...but it did make him very anxious and made him act very "strange."

Comment from: frandee, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 21

I have a long-time perforated eardrum, and got a middle-ear infection after a cold. My doctor prescrined these drops. My first reaction was to the price - very expensive! After a few days of inserting the drops, my palms and fingers started itching and I developed a rash. Read the medicine insert, which listed a rash as a possible negative side effect. The doctor was adament that no connection - that rash from the drops would be local, i.e. at or around the ear. I was almost at end of my 10-day course of drops, so continued for 3 more days. Once I stopped the drops, the rash and itching stopped. But now the skin on my hands has been peeling off. Very dry, scratchy and uncomfortable. Could this be a result of the drops? PS - My ear infection's better tho!

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 16

After suffering with middle ear pain for a week I used this medication and saw results within several hours

Comment from: ciprodex, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 09

worked great for me

Comment from: xdbi, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 02

Caused marked decrease in hearing. Looking for treatment to counter this hearing loss. If one cannot tolerate a decrease in hearing, and I can't (only one ear), DO NOT USE IT!

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 02

Currently on the second day. All 4 times I've lost my hearing everything seems muffled all day long. It burns and itches. My throat hurts now there's tons of drainage and now my other ear feels infected. Not sure if thats a coincidence or from treating my right ear. Luckily we got this free from my ear specialist otherwise I would of had to pay 100 bucks. Also its required for someone else to administer the medicine. Impossible to do it yourself

Related Reading: burns

Comment from: Garettsmom, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 23

This was given to my son for an ear infection and after 3 doses he seems to have gotten worse. He woke up crying that it felt like something was stabbing his ear and now he is complaining he is dizzy. Each time I put the drops in his ears he screams that it burns and it keeps burning for hours after. Just called the dr for something else. 135.00 wasted and my poor son has gotten no relief, just has even more pain.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 13

Had severe pain in right ear. Hard to hear for 3 months before.Used these drops for 2 days now and still sounds like the cable is out on the TV. First night a lot of pain and Blood ran out of my ear and then it has been slightly yellow and sticky liqiud since. Still draining today. Putting drops in by your self is difficult and not easy to get into the canal. Should have a better design of bottle.

Comment from: kitty, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 16

I was prescribed Ciprodex for an inner ear infection by my Doctor, From the second dose I started to itch, my skin felt hot and I broke out in hives. I will not be finishing the course. It is unacceptable to have such side effects.

Related Reading: hives