Ciprodex User Reviews

Ciprodex - User Reviews

Ciprodex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Ciprodex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: BROKE MOM, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 23

VERY VERY VERY VERY EXPENSIVE $104.35....RIDICULOUS FOR 7.5 mL BOTTLE OF DROPS!!!! NOT SURE IF THEY WORKED CAUSE WAS ALSO ON ORAL ANTIBIOTIC!!!

Comment from: Toucan, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 22

After a throat infection I experienced slight pain in my right ear and some hearing loss with the feeling of a bubble in my ear. On visiting the doctor I was diagnosed with otitis externa and prescribed Ciprodex which I took for seven days, twice a day. As soon as I started the medication I felt as though my ear was clogged up but I continued for the period specified. Now I hardly hear in the ear, and the clogged feeling persists. I have stopped using the drops for two days now and hope that the hearing returns to my ear.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 08

My 9 year old daughter was prescribed Ciprodex and completed the 1 week dosage period with no relief from her ear pain said to be from an irritated ear canal/infection. It was expensive and it doesn't seem to help very many people based on the reviews. I wish I would have known that and I will not except another prescription for this medication. Our first experience with ear drops and it failed. Now I need to make another appointment, pay for another office visit pay for another prescription and waste a beautiful afternoon with my children while we all sit at the doctors office!

Comment from: socal, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 08

Used Ciprodex in conjunction with oral antibiotic Ciprofloxacin for outer ear infection. The good, no real side effects experienced and infection seems to have cleared up. The bad, after Ciprodex treatment (3 drops x 6 days twice a day) my hearing has not improved (not any worse just has not gotten any better), this comment comes three days after stopping ear drops. My ENT Doctor thinks I could have fluid build up behind my eardrum causing my hearing not to improve. Has ordered hearing test and follow-up in two weeks to see if my hearing has improved. If not, wants me to think about putting hole in ear tube to drain fluid. However, 1% to 3% chance of permanent hearing loss. Still on Ciprofloxacin for another two days.