Clarinex User Reviews

Clarinex - User Reviews

Clarinex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Clarinex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 12

It did work but after 1 week of taking it (lowest dose, 1/eventin), after progressively feeling wierd & bit nauseous 2 hours after taking it, one night I just passed out. I went to tell my husband I didn't feel right and boom - next thing I know I'm laying on my back looking up at the ceiling. He said I was 'out" for about a minute. Went off the drug immediately. I later read in the PDR this was an 'uncommon' side effect.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 16

I've taken this for 3 yrs,it works great! I have tried more current rx's but nothing that works as well and withoutside effects. I maybe have a dry mouth at times, that's all.

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: Batman, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 27

Forgot to take it on trip and ended up at clinic. Two days of treatment and my hives were gone

Related Reading: hives

Comment from: ed, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 18

For more than 15 years I did try evething (Allegra, Zyrtex, Claritin, ect) and I can testify that this MED is the first one I have seen the inmediate relief...

Related Reading: Allegra | Claritin

Comment from: Codys Mom, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 29

My son is 16mns before we started to use it he was so sick wit ear infections n throat infections and was in the hospitail..I remember asking my doctor what can we do its been 3 mns and hes is not getting any better still had a bad couch and getting sick..She said Clarinex and she was so right we havent heard him cough is such a long time and no ear infections.I am sooo releived and happy with this med please try it ..IT REALLY DOES WORK=)

Related Reading: Clarinex | cough

Comment from: Ch Kite, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 14

My dust mite allergy requires year-round help. Clarinex has provided a prophylaxis effect now for over 8 years w/o side effects. Optional drugs were ineffective (Zyrtec, Allegra, etc) and decongestant forms decreased alertness noticeably.

Related Reading: allergy | Zyrtec

Comment from: rh7007@aol.com, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 06

I have taken it for 5 days now ,my symptoms are still there

Comment from: stuffy nose girl, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 15

I was on Allegra for years and it wasn't working anymore. I used this in combination with my nasal spray and it works good- no side effects.

Comment from: Barbara, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 30

I tried every allergy med as they came on the market. Even Claritin only worked marginally. Doc moved me to Clarinex when Claritin went generic, and I have never been healthier and happier.....but the insurance companies all want to take it away! Please, will someone please tell them it really DOES work better? It is "metabolized", so it's effects are quicker and stronger, esp. if you also take meds for acid stomach.....less acid, harder to digest things....docs understand this, but pharmacies don't seem to get it!

Comment from: laurie2860, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 24

i've been taking Clarinex for several years now for my year-long allergies. this is the only drug i have found to work for me. you have to take it for several months to notice a difference. the only side effect i've experienced from it is a terrible dry mouth. i drink lots of water and suck on alot of mints or candy.