Clarinex User Reviews

Clarinex - User Reviews

Clarinex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Clarinex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 04

I developed a serious allergy that had lasted for several weeks. I used several over the counter medications including loratadine with no effect. I finally went to my doctor and got a prescription for allegra which did nothing. My doctor then gave me a prescription for clarinet which my pharmacist had to order because a lot of insurance companies do not cover it. Clarinex made an immediate improvement. I am sold.

Comment from: jcam, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 02

Treats runny nose and does not make me sleepy. Little to no side affects. I think it works better than claritan.

Comment from: mothermertle, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 29

I've been taking Clarinex (5mg) for 8 years. I tried Allegra & Zyrtec...no luck. I'm allergic to chicken, beer yeast, and 7 molds. My symptom is itching under the skin, which result in hives. My doctor put me on 25mg at first and it made me very sleepy. I take it about every 2-3 days and it works great for me. However, the insurance company is wanting me to try something else...they need proof that I have tried something else...we are currently waiting for their answer. In the meantime...I itch, cuz nothing else works.

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: mary, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: August 23

This medication has relieved many symptoms for me, and life is much better. I do have occasional breakthroughs, and find myself very tired at times. I feel it is from the medecine.

Comment from: itchnomore, 7-12 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 29

My daughter suffered from chronic hives and allergies from the time she was 4 months old. Finally discovered a doctor who prescribed this to her when she was 4 YEARS old and it has been her miracle drug. She can now go outside of our home and even into others homes and only have a minimal (if one at all) breakout. LOVE IT! She has been taking it for four years now. At one time they told us she would have to be home-schooled. Clarinex has allowed her to be able to go to school, join a sport, and do all the fun things a little girl should get to do.

Comment from: Barb, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 04

This is the only drug that stops the hives and gives me relief. I have a drawer full of prescription creams and every alergy pill under the sun until I found Clarinex. I have had no negative side effects at all.

Comment from: queenie4, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 26

We tried this for ten days on a sample we got from the pediatric allergist. We had ten uninerrupted nights' sleep and good reports at school. When we ran out of Clarinex we went to Zyrtec as recommended and the difference was like night and day, Clarinex works, period. Caveat: We've only used it for a short time so far.

Comment from: sobek11367, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 18

I have never had to take any meds for my mild seasonal allergies except the occassional claritan, but this past week was absolutely unbearable. I had to take 2 days off work. Finally got to see the Dr. and he gave me this as a trial. WOW! Within 5 minutes I could feel it clearing up! 4 days later, 1 tablet a day, and I'm still fine!

Comment from: maddie1204, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 21

My daughter was diagnosed with asthma. I have tried everything under the sun to prevent these coughing spells that she would have after a cold. She has been on steroids, albuteral as well as a host of other meds. This one has been effective but it dries her nose out. I only give it at bedtime, once daily and it has worked so far.I never believed she had asthma.

Related Reading: asthma

Comment from: LSIMAS92@aol.com, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 09

Clarinex works fantastically on my allergies,they're gone. Thanks Clarinex, I got my life back!