Claritin D User Reviews

Claritin D - User Reviews

Claritin D User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Claritin D sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: miminancy, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 29

Had runny nose(clear) , sinus pressure and severe headaches. It alleviated all symptom. Recommend only 1 twelve hour tab per day as they can keep you up at night.

Comment from: rpg93933, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 27

i've been using claritin d for at least 2 yrs now.works great for allergies,but be very careful of the side effects.please check rxlist.com for side effects THAT ARE NOT GIVEN TO THE PUBLIC!didn't mine the hyper feeling you get when you take this med. since it was only once a day.but concurrent use is not recommended,which Dr. did not tell me,and not on the label,but the side effects almost convinced me and my Dr. i should be on anti-depression meds.restless,nervous,anxious,on a daily basis,but long term,its even worse,flu like symptoms,depression,agitation,irritability and several others.scared me alot when i read reviews of other people with the exact same symptoms.the psuedoephedrine in the claritin d was the culprit.don't mean to scare anybody,but if you are taking any kind of anti-depressents make sure you tell your Dr. you are taking this otc med.

Related Reading: claritin d | depression | flu

Comment from: Killintme2, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 04

I took ClaritinD for just a weekend, and experienced horrible symptoms all weekend! I had a very dry mouth, felt like vomitting, tightness in chest,shoulders & neck, thought I was having a panic attack , insominia, headaches, weakness in arms and legs. I WILL NEVER AGAIN TAKE THIS DRUG. The minute I stopped taking this, that evening I was much better. I honestly don't know how they can sell this stuff! Look on www.askapatient.com and you will see I am not alone!! Incrediable this is on the shelves. I'm telling you this is some scary stuff. BUYER BEWARE!

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: Spring Is Here, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 25

I only need it when the trees, (lilac too, flowers,and grass start growing. Especially on windy days. Claritin D has been very effective for me but I stick to the 12 hr dose because the 24 hr dose keeps me UP all night. No other allergies. The downfall - takes forever to digest & kick in to relieve my symptoms. Pharm Co that manufactures it should make some changes in the coating for a more rapid release of product.

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 25

Took this drug when in high school (prescition only at the time) and did encounter big mental/mood swings, as well as, loss of appetite. After a couple weeks on the drug they went away for the most part. But, the mental swings were pretty bad sometimes. Made me think I was bi-polar

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 01

I take this one because the D helps keep me from coughing and allows me to sleep better at nights. During the day it lets me breath through my noise. It also keeps my eyes from itching and running.

Related Reading: sleep | itching

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 30

Within a half hour of taking the 12 hour pill I felt relief in my sinuses without even taking a pain reliever with it. It does dry you out (mouth, skin etc.) but not as much as over the counter Sudafed. I took it at night and won't do that again because it does keep you up if you are sensitive to that type of thing. One 12 hour pill in the AM and something different to get you through the night works great.

Related Reading: Sudafed

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: May 10

I have been using Claritin-D for years. It is the only medication that alleviates sinus pressure.

Related Reading: Claritin

Comment from: crimso, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 22

i started taking this drug to open up my nasal passages. by day i could deal with the limited air flow but at night i snored terribly. i have been informed by my wife that i no longer snore. the few caveats are: it takes a few hours to start working and causes me to grind my teeth while sleeping if taken too close to bedtime. to counteract the former i take it early afternoon rather than before dinner.