Claritin D User Reviews

Claritin D - User Reviews

Claritin D User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Claritin D sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Dee128, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 22

Great to releive that terrible sinus pressure that comes to me with Spring allergies (very bad in NJ). Wort part, DRY MOUTH... I have also noticed some loss of appetite, but niether are bad enough for me to not take it... I do take only one dose of the 12-hr in the morning, and not again at night - it will keep me up.

Comment from: fanny5060, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 31

this medication works for the most part-I have a cough and once i take it, the cough is significantly decreased. The only issue i have with this medication is that it makes me depressed and or moody

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: c, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 11

my doctor told me to use claritan for flu like symptoms.mistakenly bought claritan d which closed my throat i could not swallow my own saliva.a hellish experience this product should be taken off shelves and or needs a prescription.I have learned some of ingredients are not approved by fda.Do not take this!

Comment from: CC, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 10

One pill daily worked to alleviate severe year round allergy symptoms, BUT, I broke out in red, hot hives within an hour of ingesting. Doctors couldn't figure out what was triggering the hives and I didn't realize it was the Claritin-D till one year later and still suffering with hives. When my bottle ran out, I stopped taking Claritan D and within days of the build up of the drug leaving my system the hives disappeared! I was hive free for a month. Then I decided to try it again this Spring. Sure enough, took one dose and one hour later there were the hives again. This patient is done with Claritan D! I will have to find another OTC drug to take all year to help my constant allergies to dust, pollen, mold, trees and various other triggers.

Related Reading: allergy | hives | mold

Comment from: yourmom, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 24

I have Chronic Idiopathic Angioedema and Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria for the past 11 years and the Claratin D 24 is the only medication, otc or prescribed, that keeps all the symptoms of this condition away. Since taking this medication regularly (every day before I go to bed), I have not had one flare up. My condition was serious, I was admitted into the hospital 5 times in one year, with 30+ trips to the ER in that same year. This medication has literally saved my life.

Comment from: rickysneeze, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 21

I have been taking Claritin D for the past 12 years. Went through the allergy shots, the testing and nothing has worked for me except Claritin D. I generally switch between the store brand and the name brand. Different people will have different reactions and I agree the Claritin D should be prescription only. In new york you are required to buy a limited quantity with proof of identity, why not just get script from you health care professional for a longer supply.

Comment from: 35-44 (Patient) Published: February 29

I live where "seasonal" allergies are a year-round issue, so I take Claritan-D 12-hour nearly every day for itching eyes and sneezing/itchy/stuffy nose. Have been doing so for years. Used to take the 24-hr version, but finally figured out I sleep better without the "D" (decongestant=pseudoephedrine) in my system. This has proven to be the most effective OTC allergy medicine for me with no side effects. Unfortunately, Claritan without the "D" provides minimal relief for me, so if I really need an antihistamine in the evenings I will resort to Benadryl (which does make me sleepy).

Related Reading: Benadryl

Comment from: zoeybug, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 21

sleepless, nightmares, jitters

Related Reading: nightmares

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 23

I feel as If I am becoming addicted to this medication, and when I do not take it I feel like my head is going to explode, I do not believe that I have a sinus infection, it is just that my body does not want to work if I don't take the claritin.

Related Reading: sinus infection