Claritin User Reviews

Claritin - User Reviews

Claritin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Claritin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Scared, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 27

I felt "woozy" and almost intoxicated on the very first dose. Unfortunately, I had a sinus condition and continued to take this stuff. 3 days later, I felt like I was having a massive heart attack- (crushing bands across the chest, pain in the heart area) and went to the hospital emergency room. I was there for 4 days, and finally the 5th doctor I saw told me HE had had the same problem with a reaction to Claratin. NEVER AGAIN! And they don't tell you about side effects and now it's OTC. BEWARE!!!!

Related Reading: heart attack

Published: September 18

I get itchy nose, stuffy nose, itchy eyes, wheezing - all sorts of allergies. Claritin works only partially for me. My problem has been that it gives me anxiety. I prefer using some of the over the counter night time allergy medication.

Related Reading: Claritin | anxiety | allergy

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 14

Started taking this drug because of constant stuffy nose. It helped that somewhat but after taking it for about a month I started waking up with terrible backache every morning. The claritin has to be causing it because I have started and stopped the drug several times and the backache always comes back when I take it. Several people have told me they experienced same thing but I haven't seen it mentioned on here.

Comment from: gardener, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 07

The painful sinus headaches vanished. My sleep pattern was greatly improved (haven't slept well for years) and I was able to get 7 to 8 hours of solid sleep after several months of on and off taking it. MY COMPLAINT: After $1200 of doctor bills and tests I discovered my extreme knee pain was from taking this. My knees burned under the knee cap and felt very swollen inside, very painful just to walk. I STOPPED AND STARTED 3 TIMES IN SEVERAL MONTHS TO PROVE IT......AND YEP, THAT WAS MY PROBLEM. I have never in my life had any knee pain before but it only takes 3 doses and I begin with the knees. It takes about 7 doses to really begin to flair. Looks like I have a choice between knee pain or head and sinus pain.

Related Reading: sleep | knee pain

Comment from: LeRoy, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 15

I have had seasonal allergy and sinus problems nearly all my life and have spent a small fortune on prescription and otc drugs. Now, because of my age, it has come down to what my body will tolerate and I've discovered Loratadine 10mg 24hr tabs do a fair job for me. I am allergic to anything with diphenhydramine in it so that takes most other meds out of play. Pseudoephedrine raises my blood pressure.

Comment from: Donald, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 19

I have been taking the 24 hour allergy pill, no decongestant. It works very well in controlling the sinus stuffiness and I sleep like a baby but I noticed I was having joint pains, specifically in my left knee. It took me several times on and off to realize that it occurs after taking for a few days. when I go off, it clears up slowly. I never had this problem before and am convinced it is a side effect of this drug. Would like to know if others have experienced this.

Comment from: willowmp, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 02

I am a 15 year old male prescribed to claritin 24 hour allergy for uticaria. 1 pill (10 mil. loratadine every 24 hours) and have been taking it for 3 months. Without using claritin or when i miss a dose I get hives until i get back on it but the problem is the side effects. Personally i have experienced agitation, mood swings, depression, water retension, suicidal thoughts, insominia, extreme fatigue, and a screwed up sleep sechedual. Overall the medicine does what it was made for but the side effects are worring espically when they are not listed on the box and there have been many reports of these side effects just google claritin and you will see. In the presence of a trigger for depression it can greatly increase it into suicidal thoughts and other mood swings. Be warned the box doesn't label any side effects but from my and many other experiences it has serious, common side effects.

Related Reading: hives | depression | fatigue