Claritin User Reviews

Claritin - User Reviews

Claritin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Claritin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Cammie, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 16

After years of suffering alergies. I just starting taking Claritin a week ago. At first it was wonderful, but now I cannot sleep and I am waking with a headache. I am extremely tired and have decided to tolerate my symptoms and get some rest.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: MSuzanne, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: March 29

I had been giving this medication to my 2 year old. It was somewhat effective in treating his allergy symptoms, but it made him extremely angry, irritable and hyperactive. His behavior became so horrible that I took him off the medicine. Within two days, he was back to normal. His allergy symptoms have returned, but at least he's not acting crazy anymore. We're looking for another allergy medicine that works without the horrible side effects.

Comment from: Fabian, 13-18 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 18

It got rid of the mucus in about 4hrs. It left me with a dry nose though.

Comment from: sschmed1950, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 09

I love the fact that I don't get drowsy with this medication. I've tried other allergy meds and they didn't work. Then every 'body' is different, isn't it. I take it at night and it helps my nose stay clear all night. I had no problems at all this with medication and I recommend it to others.

Comment from: shellmaxus@yahoo.com, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 12

works ok for children , when givin the correct dose. does seem to make them more hyper. did control cough, and stuff nose a bit.

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: bequilting, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 21

My 3 yr old has allergies and this med does not stop the itchy eyes and sneezing. Doc has her take 1 tsp every nite. I have found that Benadryl works better than anything else.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 18

I've had a persistent cough for a few weeks and my Doctor said that I should take Claritin OTC for it. I've been taking for a week and my cough hasn't gone away.

Comment from: 0-2 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 28

My 2-year-old was on Claritin for seasonal allergies. Within a few days of beginning treatment, our daughter began having violent mood swings, sleep problems, rage, irritability and tearfulness. I never would have suspected Claritin but for several posts I read on this site. We discontinued the medication and the behavior problems stopped within 48 hours. The medication prevented the constant runny nose of allergy season, but was not worth the terrible side effects.

Comment from: sdwinter, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 24

I was very happy with Claritin, it helped my stuffiness a lot. Then it went over the counter and my prescription plan no longer paid for it. I can't afford the off the shelf price ... I have to find something else. I wish they had kept it by prescription.

Comment from: Dick, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 06

I have had sinus problems for 30 or so years. My doctor, an allergist, took me off spray meds because they were ineffective. He told me to take Claritan (or the Walmart eqivalent), not the "D" version as this would have the effect of increasing my heart rate. Since then, I have not had a sinus headache nor stuffed-up sinuses. In fact, I wish it had been available 30 years ago.

Related Reading: sinus headache

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 27

I have tried this OTC for allergies. It will work if I am having a mild allergy day, but on a severe allergy it does nothing. Not a useful drug IMO. Also the little blister packs with the paper backing are very difficult to open. It's so irritating when your nose is running like a faucet and you have to spend several minutes fighting to get the pill out!