Cleocin User Reviews

Cleocin - User Reviews

Cleocin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Cleocin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: tazber, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 26

I read the reviews here before taking this med. I was okay the first few days and thought I'd be one of the lucky ones, without the side effects. I wasn't. Day 3 I have the most awful heartburn I have ever had in my life! I drank extra water as suggested and feel like I'm getting worse instead of better. I will no longer take this medicine at all. I don't normally write reviews & do what my doctor suggests but this drug isn't worth the side effects.

Comment from: karoncb, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 04

I not only had very bad heart brun while takeng the drug, I also developed a er bad rash on my somach, and back and up one side of my neck

Comment from: ahbyd8, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 26

THIS MEDICINE CAUSES A SEVERE ITCHY RASH AND SEVERE HEARTBURN. I was given this medication when diagnosed with a peritonsillar abscess. My condition presented as a very severe sore throat on one side of my throat. Actually, my tonsils were removed when I was a child. My condition improved immediately and then the sore throat came back on the other side. I experienced severe heartburn while taking the med but the instructions said to finish the whole prescription, so I continued to take the medication as the sore throat had not gone away. I just put up with the heartburn. After 6 days of the 7-day dosage I broke out in a severe red, hot, itchy rash all over my body, scalp and arms and I still have the heartburn. I am going to a different doctor today to try to get some relief for this rash. I also have diarrhea and the beginnings of a vaginal yeast infection. Do not take this medication.

Related Reading: sore throat | heartburn | yeast infection

Comment from: Augustus, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 28

I was given Cleocin for oral surgery to remove 4 wisdom teeth. I got diarrhea on day 4 of 5 while taking the drug. I called the oral surgeon and he told me to stop taking it. I did not get an oral infection, which was good, but a week later I started getting diarrhea and horrible stomach pains. After many bathroom trips, my bumm got very sore. I kept telling my oral surgeon and he just kept telling me to eat acidophilis yogurt. The dirrhea continued, plus gas, then a fever. The stomach pains were aweful, I got weak and lost my appetite. Finally, I went to my family doctor who wanted stool samples and blood. Good thing as my stool came back positive for C-Diff. I was then put on Flagyl. With in first 2-3 pills I felt better. Though Flagyl tastes bad, gave me a slight headache, and changes in taste, it's better than ending up in the hospital for C-Diff. If I ever hear "Cleocin or it's generic again, I will not take it, and ask for another antibiotic. I'd take a rash any day.

Related Reading: wisdom teeth | fever | Flagyl

Comment from: Just Gan, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 14

After having a tooth pulled, I was given this med to take to prevent an infection from setting in. Day 2, I started getting the worse headache , feeling as if one side of my head was going to explode! I could not even function! Then on Day 3, my skin felt like it was crawling off my body, and broke out in a rash, and itched from head to toe digging till I bled! Followed ALL directions! Definately NOT A GOOD ANTIBIOTIC!!!!!!

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: metzger775@msn.com, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 12

I had a tooth extraction a month ago and took amoxicillin for it. After healing and prep for a bridge, I had my bridge attached last week. Two days later, I had the worst throbbing toothache I had ever had. The next day, I was swollen from my eye to my jaw--complete with a shiner. I called my dentist (Sunday) and he called a script for Clindamycin and Vicodin to my pharmacy. The next day, the swelling had gone down a tiny bit. The next day, it had gone down more and I had a root canal done on the tooth in front of the one I had pulled a month ago. I am taking 3 300mg doses per day for 10 days. So far, I am feeling so much better, swelling is gone and no more Vicodin. Hopefully, nothing else will happen but I feel almost normal and will go back to work tomorrow.

Related Reading: amoxicillin | toothache | Vicodin

Comment from: Beth, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 24

Tooth/jaw infection. 7 days into clindamycin developed a raging bladder infection. Now have gastro-intestinal complications which are being analyzed to determine whether c. diff, gastritis, h. pylori or other agents are causing the severe abdominal bloating and pain. It should be noted that pro-biotics as well as yoghurt were consumed at higher than standard levels in an attempt to prevent complications from this drug. I think dentists should be required to read all the negative literature before prescribing this dangerous drug. No tests were run on my infection to determine why it did not respond to amoxicillin within 2 days. We went from a mostly benign antibiotic to a nuclear warhead with no intermediate stops!!!

Related Reading: bladder infection | gastritis