Cleocin User Reviews

Cleocin - User Reviews

Cleocin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Cleocin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: madmom, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 13

This was prescribed for my 19 yr old after a root canal. She started having stomach upset by day 2 and by day 3 she was in extreme pain. Whole abdominal area hurt. She could barely take a decent breath. We wound up in the ER. She was give 2 different drugs for pain IV that barely touched the pain. Ultrasound of all vital organs revealed nothing, blood and urinalasis was normal. She was still in so much pain 2 days later we went to internist who ordered CT of abdomin and pelvis. Which were clear. The print out from the pharmacy didn't list Abdominal pain as RX list did in the 1# spot. Didn't list it at all. Why didn't hospital and MD immediately assume it was this med? Why should she still be in pain day after stopping taking it for just 3 days??

Related Reading: Abdominal pain

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 28

I took this medicine to prevent infection after pallet and nasal surgery. I developed C Diff two weeks after taking the medicine. The taste is horrible and was difficult to ingest. C Diff is a horrible stomach and digestive condition (look it up). I have been treated for C Diff for three months and it still has not gone away. This medicine killed all the good bacteria in my digestive system and I know have to see a specialist for treatment on getting back to normal. I would never reccommend this medication unless your life depended on it.

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 06

I started taking this medication right after I had my wisdom teeth surgically removed. I have been taking Clindamycin for almost two days and I have to end use because it is causing extreme chest pain, dizziness, and also nausea. (Which I knew would happen.) The only reason I had to take this drug is because I am allergic to Ammox. and also Ceclor/Keflex. I do not recommend this drug unless you don't mind having chest pain, dizziness, and nausea which can be paired with vomiting.

Related Reading: chest pain | dizziness | Ceclor

Published: October 25

Helped my child fight off mrsa.

Comment from: banky149, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 18

i had a minor skin boil which became infectious w fever

Comment from: spikejazz, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 27

I was prescribed clindamycin to prevent bacterial infection after having a root canal redone. Took 300 mg immediately then 150 mg every 6 hours. On day 3 I woke up with diarrhea. I'm very frustrated and frightened because on the drug info sheet and in these user reviews there all all these warnings about serious digestive problems, but they say not to take ant-acids etc. and to call your doc if the diarrhea persists for more than 3 days. so...I'm supposed to have diarrhea untreated for 3 days before I can get help and at that point my life may be in danger?? This is ridiculous! I'm going to call my doc, but I'm worried about what he's going to say! I hope I'm not in serious medical trouble.

Comment from: disasatisfied user, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 04

I had a tooth removed that could not be saved by a root canal. My dose was 4 x a day for 7 days. I have just taken my last dose today... I have had severe loose bowels since the 2nd day I started. Although I wasn't happy with the diarreaha; yet, I felt I needed to take this to clear up the infected gum since Penicillin did not work. I requested a stronger antibiotic due to the severity of the infection such as a ZPack; however, she prescribed Clindamycin which is the generic for Cleocin. Overall, if placed in the same situation, I would definitely avoid using this antibiotic again.

Comment from: sanj62, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 15

I've been on Clindamycin HCL 150 Mg due to my dentist prescribing it. I have experienced a very painful heartburn. Then, I read all these comments and now know it was this medication. I thought you have to finish all the medication but I can't and now I don't want to break out in a rash like someone here described. I wish I could talk to a doctor about this.

Comment from: BONES, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 06

HAD TOOTH INFECTION AND TOOTH REMOVED // TOOK FOR 7 DAYS ALWAYS WITH FOOD AND LOTS OF WATER DURING THE 7 DAYS /// 70 YRS OLD AND MAYBE DUE TO FACT I TAKE NEXIUM HELP STOMACH

Related Reading: NEXIUM