Climara Pro User Reviews

Climara Pro - User Reviews

Climara Pro User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Climara Pro sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Carol, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 27

I found this patch to be difficult to keep on. The glue sticks to your skin but the patch does not, therefore I've had to use cloth tape to keep it on, especially during times where I'm exercising regularly. when the patch is on it works, but the difficulty with keeping it on has meant the dosage has been inconsistent, resulting in alot of spotting/bleeding. I've used it for a year, but I'm now looking for something else.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 29

It initially helped me sleep better and controlled my mood swings, and is the only easy-to-use form of preventing vaginal dryness...for a while I swore there was broken glass in there...But I have put on weight that I can't seem to take off even by controlling diet and increasing exercise. I'm going off it for a while to see what happens...my husband will be my gauge as to whether I get cranky or not...

Related Reading: sleep | vaginal dryness

Comment from: tsarina, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 29

have used for 12 plus years.use low dose . no weight gain . sleep great,no sweats .stays on me with no problem. skin area must be dry and no creams/moisturizers.if you have problems call the company........ they will work with you....

Comment from: Deb McK, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 20

I started using this patch four months ago. My migranes and insomnia subsided almost immediately. My mood, anxiety and vaginal dryness improved greatly. The only negative side effects are breast tenderness for the last three weeks and I had some vaginal bleeding this morning. I also had a terrible time getting the patch to stick but I found a solution. I cover the patch with a "Tegaderm" dressing. It's a clear, waterproof,"breathable", adhesive dressing (used in the hospital to cover IV sites). You can buy them at the drug store (I went to Walgreens). Problem solved!

Related Reading: insomnia | anxiety | breast

Comment from: Jasmine, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 30

I am very happy with this patch. I am a 54-year-old woman who has been in menopause since age 51. I have been using this for about one year now. Hot flashes and night sweats stopped completely. My sex drive is back, too. I had a bit of spotting earlier on but that is very rare now. For about four months now, I have been using three patches in three weeks and then I take a break for the fourth week with no patch on. This has been working great for me doing it this way. It does sometimes irritate my skin when I take it off, but I found that rubbing the area gently with lotion for how many days is needed takes care of that!

Related Reading: menopause | Hot flashes | night sweats

Comment from: Barb, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: July 07

I've been using the Climara Pro patch for about 18 months. The only side effect I've experienced is breakthrough bleeding and spotting. I'm trying to take a break but the hotflashes, mood swings and sleep disruptions are coming back!! Also to keep the patch on, you must place it on an area free of lotions and oils. Side note: it is a bit pricey!!!

Related Reading: Climara Pro

Comment from: rallypoppers, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 28

I am unable to truthfully rate how effective this product might be because it will not stay adhered to my skin. Even with my health insurance co-pay of $60.00 for 4 patches it is too expensive to have to put a new patch on every 48 hours. If it can't stand up to the moisture from a hot flash, what good is it> I'll be contacting the company for a refund.

Comment from: cjcs, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 30

At 52, I began experiencing hot flashes, mood swings and insomnia. Thought I could 'tough it out', but the no sleep really affective my life. I have had no break thru bleeding, no problem keeping the patch on, and am very pleased with the results. I have not slept this well in 3 years, I am back to my old self, and hot flashes were gone within 3 days. Not excited about risks, but as my doc said, 'Quality of life is important." Amen!