Climara Pro User Reviews

Climara Pro - User Reviews

Climara Pro User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Climara Pro sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Carrie, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 24

I'm 50 yrs. old, and have had meno symptoms for 5-6 yrs. My Dr. prescribed this product to ease the hotflashes. The medication took care of the hotflashes but within three weeks I started bleeding which turned into a full fledged period lasting a full week. I continued to spot after that until the fifth week of use, I ended up with a full fledged bleed again!! Really people!! I haven't had my period for over five years and now this again?!?!. I don't think it's one bit funny and I have no intention of putting up with that just to calm the hotflashes. I'll go back on a natural product that doesn't cause these insain side effects!

Comment from: Patrish McBeth, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 14

I am beginning year number five (and last)on this medication. It has been a life-changer and saver for me. My menopausal symptoms of hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, vaginal dryness, dry skin - all gone. I did have spotting during the first few months, but was told to expect it, and it was minimal. No side effects, just huge benefits. No problems with applying, or keeping the patch on. Swimming in the ocean did cause the patch to lose its adhesiveness. I am now stressing about what product to use next - am terrified of having my symptoms return, so many serious concerns about using these types of products. Not sure how I would have survived these past few years without the patch - it has been such a wonderful option for me.

Related Reading: dry skin

Comment from: Austin, Texas, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 22

THe good news...my life changed almost immediately. Hot flashes stopped, night sweats ended and the birds started singing and the sun started shining within a week! Even though it always left a red mark after I peeled it off I thought it was a little price to pay for regaining my life. BUT then after 10 months it began to burn and blister my skin to the point that I had to take it off. Immediately the old symptoms came back and I thought if I would just toughen up I could put in some virgin areas and it would be oK and mind over matter, but to no avail. My skin is blistered and maybe permanently scarred. I tried the CombiPatch which is an equivalent but the same thing happened immediately. I'm so depressed because I already feel this overwhelming doom feeling. I am about to start taking Activella and will see. I have called Bayer and given my story. I am praying they'll be enough women who report this sensitivity and they'll discover another product to use to adhere the patch because I'm a huge fan.

Related Reading: CombiPatch | Activella

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 18

I've been using the patch for 5 wks now for hot flashes. It worked great right away but noticed some spotting first week.Then I starting gaining weight and bleeding more.I thought its was my period but now a week later my breasts are very tender and I'm bleeding again,backache,cramps.Don't know what to do if I stop using it the hot flashes will surely come back and I won't get any sleep!Has this happened to anyone and is there anything I can take instead that would help?

Comment from: andy, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 26

using climara low dose)0.025mg) for about 9 months. Bit of a weight gain, but sleep great, no hot flashes. My only concern that I'm loosing my hair.Any solution or idea,greatly appreciated.

Related Reading: climara

Comment from: pegpelca, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 26

in 10 days my whole life 'feels better'--the sky is blue--I waited way too long to try something and honestly i thought that my menopausal symptoms were not bad--they were BAD!!! I am 62 and finally feeling really good and 'female'---I hate the patch--so happy to hear that others find it cumbersome--my second one is on with 'duct tape'--yuk--after reading other experiences, I will get some surgical tape and tegaderm--it is the most comfortable on my mid buttocks--but when it starts to come off, I can't see it--causes 'strange constant touching my butt' to be sure it is there. I don't recommend duct tape--creepy and so attractive. Anyway--I'm a very happy--feeling normal 'girl' again--thank you BAYER !!!

Comment from: Teacher, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 04

I have been on this for 4 months. No more hot flashes, mood swings, and migranes gone. By the end of the second week my hot flashes had stopped. The first 2 boxes of patches would not stay on. I switched to CombiPatch in hopes of finding one that would stick better. After one month on combipatch and numerous side effects(enormous appetite increase, weight gain exterme breast tenderness and daily bleeding) I went back to climara Pro and feel great! Spotting has ceased, appetite normal, no breast tnederness, no problems with patches staying on, mood stable and return of energy! Loving life again!