Climara Pro User Reviews

Climara Pro - User Reviews

Climara Pro User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Climara Pro sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: km355, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 15

This is wonderful! In a short time, no hot flashes, no sweats, no insomnia. Heaven! Though I do wish my doc had warned me about possible spotting, which caught me by surprise. I also use either surg tape or a tegaderm to cover the patch while showering/swimming. Once the sweats were gone, the patch sticks well.

Comment from: Cyndi, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 22

The side affects are HORRIBLE! Are you kidding me? This is an FDA approved drug? Way to go FDA, you failed the consumer once again. Before I could even use the 2nd week patch I had terrible stomach pains/cramping, bloating, diarrhea and vomiting. All the sideaffects got worse by the day. As soon as I pulled the patch off - I was getting better within a couple of hours. What a ridiulous expensive product that never should have been approved.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: MJ, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 21

I slept through the night the first day I used it, and my sweats and flashes decreased significantly. I too, however, am having a heck of a time keeping it in place. I play tennis and exercise quite often and the patch comes off in a few days with all the perspiration. Hmmm... Bayer please modify it so that the adhesive is changeable with a more permanent patch. Changing the adhesive and removing it during showers or exercise would probably be the answer. I'll try surgical tape and tegaderm...whatever that is.

Comment from: calwilal, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 14

I was prescribed this patch for early menopause (36 yo) I cannot keep the patch on my skin! I'm on my 4th patch in 2 days and they haven't been on continuously. They completely fall off without me knowing it and then I have to hunt it down around the house to be sure my kids and/or animals don't find it. After reading these reviews, it seems that a lot of people have the same problem. Why doesn't the company make some changes? I like the idea of asking the company for a refund noted in another review. I'm going to have to pay another copay for a new set of patches now!

Comment from: Cindy, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 17

I am 51 years old and have been using the Climara Pro patch for almost two years now. I love it! It has taken away my night sweats completely and my terrible mood swings. Have a little bit of bleeding every now and then but nothing major. I use a Tegaderm dressing over the top of the patch to make sure it stays on. Works wonderful. So glad my doctor recommended Climara Pro!

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 19

Sleeping better and mood is better. Posts about problems with patch sticking made me worry about using this but ive has no problem and I swim often. I use Teagarden dressing over it and i swear it is invisible and I use a public group shower at the YMCA pool so this is important to me!

Comment from: LMW, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 23

So what if it relieves the symptoms if the patch does not stay on....many posts here confirm this problem. If you exercise or take a shower within 2-3 days the patch starts to peel away.

Comment from: Barbara, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 21

I have taken this for 4 weeks now, with no difference. I still get hot flashes. Have trouble like everyone else in keeping it in place, but also its leaves me with a rash. So now have 4 rashes across my tummy! At $60 a time - to expensive

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 30

If it starts to come off, I hold it on with a little clear, breathable surgical tape, which works great. All of my symptoms have improved significantly. I've had some light monthly bleeding, and a 2 to 3 pound weight gain in the first 3 months, but exercising and watching my weight was already part of my regular routine. I'm very happy with the trade off!

Comment from: punkin_pi23, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 28

it has been great. It takes care of the night sweats, morning head ACHES, hot flashes moodiness and mood swings. The only problem is that the adhesive does not last the 7 days and tends to fall off. I have to use med tape for this