Climara User Reviews

Climara - User Reviews

Climara User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Climara sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: breethnheethn, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 11

I started this patch a month ago after a hysterectomy. It works on my symptoms but I can tell when it is almost time to replace the patch because I get terrible migraines and when I put on a new patch I am REALLY jittery and have panic attacks. It moves around on my skin even though I try not to disturb it and water makes it come off often. If you decide on this patch you might try those clear sticky covers they sell for when you shower or bathe. I have stopped this med in favor of natural alternatives.

Related Reading: panic attacks

Comment from: Elaine, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 08

I have been using this drug for 1 year. My complaint is that it doesn't stay on after showering. It makes it difficult to use.

Comment from: happy with my patch, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 14

After a total hysterectomy 6 years ago, I was prescribed the Climara patch. My doctor reduced the dosage each of the first 4 years. I have tried the generic psatch, but had an allergic reaction. This patch has dfinitely increased the quality of my life - no hot flashes/night sweats, better mental clarity, dry skin and hair relief - a general sense of better well being. On occasion I haveforgotten to change the patch or just tried to see what would happen if I went without. All the unpleasantness returned.

Related Reading: Climara | hot flashes | night sweats

Comment from: cincymom50, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 23

I have been using the Climara Pro patch for about 5 years. It relieves my hot flashes, night sweats, anxiety, mood swings and poor sleep. I rarely have any problem with the patch falling off. One hint is to make sure you don't use lotion before applying it. In the last couple years, I have tried to stop using it and my symptoms came right back. Now I only have to apply a patch every 2 weeks and it still keeps my symptoms away. That helps with the cost quite a bit.

Related Reading: Climara Pro | anxiety | sleep

Comment from: I'mSatisfiedWithIt, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 15

I am 35 years old. I have been on the Climara TD patch for over 1 month now, because I had a total abdominal hysterectomy due to endometriosis. I haven't had any problems with menopausal symptoms, and I am very satisfied with this patch. As far as the patch staying on, I apply medical tape on it to help it stay on. I'd rather improvise to get what I need than to go without the medication. Hope this helps those who are having difficulty keeping the patch on.

Related Reading: endometriosis

Comment from: Gwenn, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 28

After a complete hysterectomy I chose to "tough it out" with dry skin, hot flashes, sleeplessness, etc. When my hair began to thin and fall out I asked for the full on hormones. The patch takes about three weeks to really work. It stays on, is invisible, causes me no irritation and I feel great. It is very important to talk with your doctor about what is the right product for you. If you use a patch, your skin must be dry and you must put it in a place where it won't be disturbed. Don't pick at it or wash over it harshly. I'm very pleased with Climara.

Related Reading: dry skin

Comment from: middleweaves, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 04

If you are taking and estrogen replacement and still have your uterus - you should also be taking a progestin RX.

Comment from: Happyidid, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 26

I had a hysterectomy when I was 24 and my symptoms started slowly. But I I don't know why I went without HRT for so long (20+yrs). I regret it now. It's been a miracle patch for me. My hair is growing back on my head and not my chin. I've lost weight. No more hot flashes or night sweats and I dream again and sleep through the night. I have far more energy that I used too and my sex drive is returning. The side effects are hard at first but a lower dose cleared that up right away, I could never live without Climara. I'll take the risk any day. Because living like I was wasn't living.