Clindesse User Reviews

Clindesse - User Reviews

Clindesse User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Clindesse sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: MuchBetter, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 25

Expensive, but effective and fast treatment. However, I cannot find any information on how much time you should wait between administering the cream and returning to sexual activity.

Related Reading: sexual

Comment from: BV, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 08

My only complaint is that I could not find any information as to how long I must wait to return to sexual activity after administering the treatment.Also, whether or not my partner should be treated also.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 02

Clindesse is not that bad considering the options. You all need to actually talk to your gyn/health care provider before jumping all over the medication and blaming it. Some general information: 1. BV almost always returns at some point, regardless of what it is treated with. Consider yourself lucky if it was a one time problem for you! Metronidazole gel or pills are really the only other prescription option. This drug also has nasty side effects (the gel causes the same kinds of discharge, clumping, etc, and the pills give most people horrible stomach aches/cramps.) 2. Your period will often cause an onset of BV due to drastically changing the pH level of your vaginal area. If the infection returns you will have to be retreated. 3. Because medications for BV cause a lot of bacteria to die, it is not AT ALL uncommon to get a yeast infection after treatment for BV. Ask your doctor to prescribe Diflucan at the same time they proscribe something for BV if you are prone to yeast infections. Unfortunately, the yeast infection or the diflucan can cause an onset of BV again. Welcome to the vicious cycle. Anyway, in my experience Clindesse is just as effective as any other medication for BV - which is, sadly, not terribly effective as a long term solution. At least it is less hassle to use, as opposed to Metro-gel inserted for 5 days, or metronidazxole pills for a week or two. Try asking your doctor about a combination of treatments if you are still having trouble. For those of you on the pill: you may want to consider taking a three month pill like Seasonique. This has helped by causing me to only have my period once every 3 months, and thus greatly reducing the frequency of BV problems caused by the blood/pH problem with my period. Conclusion: I like Clindesse better than the alternatives. Don't expect anything to be a miracle cure for this problem.

Related Reading: Clindesse | Metronidazole | yeast infection

Comment from: cdog, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 16

Clindesse's own site (clindesse.com) says that one of the 'possible' side effects is a fungal vaginal infection. If you get an unusual, and voluminous, discharge a few days after using clindesse you might want to read about the symptoms associated with a fungal infection and then treat it with OTC meds (Monistat) if it's warranted. It would be great if the doc or pharmacist warned us about this potential, and yucky, side effect. Just like taking antiobiotics sometimes does, using Clindesse (an antiobiotic) can affect our vaginal flora. Maybe the med is new, and feedback limited.

Comment from: Stylistgal, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 23

Last week my Dr. gave me this medicine to try after I explained to her some weird symptoms that i've been having lately. As soon as I got home I administered the cream. My boyfriend and I waited to have intercourse again for the 4days like my dr said. The first time, there was alot of watery discharge and clumps of cream that came out with penetration. So we waited a few more days and the discharge was back to normal but there were still thick white clumps that came out. Also a very "medicinal" taste during oral sex. Its almost like the cream is still inside. The positive : there is NO smell finally!! The negative: not knowing how long i should have really waited before intercourse, AND it kinda kills the mood and made me feel bad. I'm definately going to contact my dr in the morning. Especially after reading all the reviews of this product and seeing that it can cause yeast and fungal infections. Hope this helps. **Luckily I have an amazing boyfriend that is willing to wait and work with me until this all gets cleared up. He also thinks that the weird "clumpy" stuff is the medicine.***

Comment from: 25-34 Published: January 10

This drug was very expensive even after insurance. I was a little doubtful that one dose would cure my infection, after having discomfort for atleast a month. But I would highly recommend this, my symptoms were gone in one day. I was very surprised and happy. Good Product

Comment from: Eileen, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 08

I used this cream four nights ago as recommended. I know have a white discharge that looks unlike yeast & not at all associated to the discharge of BV. Although the smell is gone, what is this new plentiful discharge? I am a bit disappointed that there is very little literature on the web about what happens physiologically to the vagina for those five days post treatment that we are not to have sex. Are we to expect a bit of a discharge? Does this antibiotic throw off the pH of the vagina to the point where you would suggest an OTC yeast infection cream? Are yeast infections common post treatment with this medication? Definitely not enough post treatment advice on what to expect!