Clozaril User Reviews

Clozaril - User Reviews

Clozaril User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Clozaril sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: FamilyFullOfCrazy, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years Published: September 03

In 1982, my brother was diagnosed at the age of 20 with Schizophrenia and Bipolar-Manic Depressive. He has been on several anti-psychotic and anti-depression over several years. Appx 5 years after Clozaril being available he began taking it. It has been the most helpful and effective anti-psychotic medication for him. As most know, the lab work for blood draw is a pain (once a week!) but for the last year has been going once a month for labs. I also have a nephew that is diagnosed with the same illnesses and hoping he will get placed on Clozaril. If something new should come on the market that is just effective and mental health saving minus the labs, I pray for that day!! I just wish there was a cure for this "dreaming while awake with nightmares" mental illness. God's grace to all who suffer and help care for those with it! I am a caregiver and I salute those who endure!!!

Related Reading: Schizophrenia | depression | Clozaril

Comment from: marydean, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years Published: April 02

my son has been on cloz since 1989. if it had not worked he would never have been discharged he was the 1st person to get it in north dakota.

Comment from: sissbyoom49@yahoo.com, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: January 13

After prolonged use, memory problems seem to be increasing. Very difficult to maintain employment and relationships when one cannot remember! Otherwise it's been a godsend.

Comment from: Heather A., 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 13

When I don't take the Clozaril, I can't sleep at night at all. Why does this occur? When I do take the Clozaril, I get tired about 1 to 2 hours after I take it. When I do take it I usually sleep through the whole night. I have to get my blood drawn every other week, which I really don't like. I started taking the Clozaril about 8 to 9 years ago. The thing I really hate is if I don't take it I can't sleep at all during the night. Why did they invent a drug that messes with your sleep patterns? I hate that. Honestly, I do!

Comment from: tigger, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years Published: October 02

This medication seems to be causing cognitive problems - memory; executive function, concentration etc.

Comment from: bell, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: October 19

increadible weight gain...over double original weight

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 23

Clozaril is the only medication that worked for my schizoaffective disorder. I became a functioning human being and able to participate in every day life without voices constantly hounding me and confusing me. The only draw back to this medication is that you have to get your blood drawn once a week for a whole year and if after that your stable it's fine but if your test comes back too low after that one year is up, you have to start the whole year over again - going once a week to get your blood drawn for the Clozaril. But it's a sacrafice I'm will to make for this wonderful drug - Clozaril gave me back my life. Thank You

Related Reading: schizoaffective disorder

Comment from: MUGSIEMA@YAHOO.COM, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 30

I AM THE MOTHER OF A BI-POLAR SON WITH PSYCHIO-AFFECTIVE DISORDER. HE STARTED THIS DRUG A WEEK AGO AND SO FAR, HE IS STILL DILLUSIONAL AND VERY VERY SLEEPY.

Comment from: hype60ny, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 20

Extreme weight gain. Cured my insomnia. Monthy bloodwork and doctors appt. required. Taken at night puts you to sleep but wake up is much better than other anti-psychotics. Causes pain in joints and muscles(not severe).

Related Reading: insomnia

Comment from: jennym1974, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 09

At first it was rough w/ the blood work every week. Now i just go every month. It's really a wonder drug for me, i've been out of the hospital for 2 yrs. & 3 mths.