Codeine Sulfate User Reviews

Codeine Sulfate - User Reviews

Codeine Sulfate User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Codeine Sulfate sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: sv10rn, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 07

can also be used in dogs with collapsed trachea syndrome to control coughing

Comment from: bobby.gail@hotmail.com, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 08

not getting much relief from 30mg oral tablet was given to me for pain after surgury on my testicles.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 02

This pain medication worked very well..my 16 yr old dtr had MONO with this she had an enlarged spleen and excruciating pain..this medication almost worked immediately... also i noticed some comments related to tylenol with codeine this is not the same thing this is Codeine Sulfate..just something to keep in mind when reviewing this medication..

Related Reading: enlarged spleen | tylenol | Codeine Sulfate

Comment from: popper, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 27

sweet

Comment from: 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 13

I'm not sure if it was Codeine sulfate, but I was prescribed Codeine with Acetaminophen for pain after having a tonsillectomy. The medicine was in a syrup form which seemed to be very acidic and caused my teeth to hurt for about 10 minutes each time I took it just from coming into contact with them. It furthermore proved inadequate at relieving pain - an Aspirin combined with Ibuprofen was approximately just as effective for me. I would avoid this medication. Either take some OTC painkillers or get something stronger in pill form; this syruppy herb isn't effective at anything but causing some pretty severe tooth pain.

Related Reading: Aspirin | Ibuprofen

Comment from: blewis1009, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 21

Side effects I have experienced-itching, dizziness, blurred vision, fast heartbeat, lightheadedness, facial swelling/burning, sweating. One positive thing, my headache is gone!!

Related Reading: itching | dizziness | headache

Comment from: ramsey156, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 16

I have a history of Crohn's disease with many surgeries. 6 bowel resections and diarrhea took me from 180 lbs to 115 lbs in less than 30 days. Doctors tries numerous meds and none worked, until codeine sulfate. Wiith my short bowel I have had to take 2 60 mg tabs 4 times a day. My weight went up to 170 and diarrhea went from 30 times a day to 4.

Related Reading: Crohn's disease | diarrhea

Comment from: 25-34 (Patient) Published: March 09

No relief from back pain with 30mg

Comment from: bloodsugardaddy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 07

The need to take higher doses for it to be effective, or to give it a break occasionally, makes it somewhat unpredictable. It doesn't make me sleepy as it apparently does some other people. It actually perks me up a little. At my dosage (30 mg.)I don't feel (good buzz) medicated. Even when drinking. Renewals for this must be mailed, not faxed to the pharmacy or hand delivered by you. Not surprisingly, I have found that the mailed prescriptions for this have often mysteriously disappeared between the doctor's office and the drugstore. I've never had that happen with any other drug. Not as addictive as some other opiates. I stop taking it for a week or so once in a while and don't have any cravings or withdrawal symptoms.

Comment from: pattycakes101, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 01

I have had this chronic cough for over 12 years before we found that I have a hypersensative Larynx. This calms the tregger in my throat and calms the cough. It worked so well that I was able to slack off to 1/4 every 4 days. But due to the sever allergy season this Spring 2010 and a remodel job in my home, I have started coughing again. I now take 1/4 morning & night. Still coughing badly at night. As of today I am going to 1/2 at night. I have a headache when I wake up but it calms my throat. I am also going to use my nasal spray again. If you have a cough that is just too much for you to handle....night and day....go to your Neurologist and he will perscribe it after he talks to you. His first suggestion was to quit my secertarial job and answering phones, second was this medication. Praise the Lord it WORKS!!! Now it is time again to up the dosage until I get it under control. Beginning today. 9/1/2010 Good Luck.

Related Reading: cough | allergy