Colazal User Reviews

Colazal - User Reviews

Colazal User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Colazal sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 02

The side effects are almost not worth the overall outcome of the treatment with this medicine.

Comment from: Bob, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 17

I take 2 pills, twice daily. Easy to take. Have not had 1 flair up in 3 1/2 years. Cost, well right now it is $5.00 for a 90 day supply.

Comment from: eazyea4u@yahoo.com, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: March 28

works to help stop the problem effeciatly but does not stop my joint pain from the colitis and i need help to find a medication that helps me better!

Related Reading: colitis

Comment from: Hart, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 21

I just got diagnosed with UC and I have tried Asacol and Lialda, the headaches were too bad with both and they didn't work. With in 5 days this medicine started working and I have had no side effects or flare ups. WONDERFUL!!!

Related Reading: Asacol | Lialda

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 13

This medication is a god send! Yes, they are large and many pills. Currently taking 9 per day(3x).Was told can take more when flare up, max of 16. But 12 per day is ok.This medication with a little tweek of my diet and I can truly say" I'm not afraid to go out and enjoy myself, or feel embarassed!

Comment from: hutsangel, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 09

I have had Crohn's for 18 years, I was always sick, I started taking Colazal 4 years ago and I have been perfect ever since. It is also safe to take while pregant, I just had a perfect baby girl. I only get a headache every once in a while. The medicine, literally saved my life.

Related Reading: Colazal | headache

Comment from: mhwidman@aol.com, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 03

Have been taking for 1 and a half years. Seems to be working Ok no bad side effects so far

Comment from: Lily2, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 13

I have tried many drugs for UC including Remicade and Humira(had BAD reactions to both). Colazal is the only drug where I have had extreme daytime somnolence and insomnia. Three pills three times are day are also difficult for me to remember. Other than those, this is a very effective drug.

Related Reading: Remicade | Humira | insomnia

Comment from: sbck@aol.com, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 31

asacol,entocort for 12 months never really was effective within one week colazal elimanated all my symptoms,diarrehea,bleeding,urgentecny

Related Reading: entocort

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 23

Had colitis for 35 years on & off. Periods of flareups was significantly increasing as I got older. After Knocking out the last flareup with steroids - have been taking 8 of these a day for 3 years. No more flareups & colonoscopy shows "normal" colon.

Comment from: Sonja, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 19

I find it to be great. I liked that it went straight to the colon and not going through the blood stream like Asacol. The price for me as dropped since they came out with a generic. I was paying $50 every 3 months and now im paying $10! I thought the pharmacy had made a mistake, I have not seen a difference in effectiveness from Name brand to generic.