Colazal User Reviews

Colazal - User Reviews

Colazal User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Colazal sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Marcie, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 12

Thanks to this medication it has put my Crohns disease in remission.

Comment from: Master1, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 05

Ulcerative colitis episodes were becoming increasing frequent with aging. Would take this along with cortisone enimas to get into remission. However, after latest flreup two years ago have been on 8 pills/day & one enima a week. Colonoscopy says my colon is normal - amazing.

Related Reading: Ulcerative colitis

Comment from: BUTTS, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 28

taking the medicine was very easy with a glass of water.Four pill's three times a day, that's all there is to it

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 01

I switched from asacol and I have been taking this medicine for 2 years (9 pills a day) It took awhile to get used to taking 9 whopping pills every day, but I never noticed any side effects, and have only had one minor flare up. Unfortunately, I am now experiencing a flare-up that is not responding to large doses of prednisone. Time to try something new for me.

Comment from: victor, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 10

Very glad to find a generic. This pill has been a god send for me. Used to take asacol. The only problem I have is I can't swallow the pills because of a bout of throat cancer. I have to open the pills and mix it with something. I still will stay with this med rather than going back to asacol.

Related Reading: cancer

Comment from: JW, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 05

Exceeded my expectations

Comment from: Babs63, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 23

This medication works very fast, however, taking the dose of 9 pills X 750 mg seemed a bit of an overkill. Gave me a slight sore throat. I have good perscription drug coverage and this still was expensive.

Related Reading: sore throat

Comment from: sophis, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 15

have not had any noticeable side effects taking this medicaiton.

Comment from: babiesgandt, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 19

stopped symptoms in 4 days, started at 9 pills per day. took 2 years to work down to 1 per day and finally o now. really did the job!

Comment from: Toby66, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 11

I am having a hard time taking 9 pills daily. Losing a lot of my hair, not sure if this is a side effect or not. Have consulted MD, so far he has not heard of any one else with that problem. Not sure if drug is helping yet as I have only been on it a short time and am not consistent with doseage.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 03

I take this medicine 1 pill in the morning and two at night. This is a pretty low dose I have heard, but it works well. I have been on this for 7 years and I am 20 years old. I haven't had any flare ups, or bad side effects. The only ones are: I bruise easily, some insomnia, and maybe a bit of joint pain. I have recently in the past year had hair loss on the top of my scalp. This could be from stress too. It doesn't regulate the abdominal pail or frequent bowel movements when I get stressed, but that is something that I need to control by relaxing and not freaking out.

Related Reading: hair loss | stress