Colchicine User Reviews

Colchicine - User Reviews

Colchicine User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Colchicine sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: KYman, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 21

Major upset stomach for 2 days, but once past that this Rx really helped.

Comment from: 65-74 (Patient) Published: October 19

The first time I took this drug it was very effective. This time it has not worked as well and there are side effects which I did not experience the last time.

Comment from: JoJo, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 10

My husband suffers from gout and had a particularily bad case in the left ankle. Went to the ER specifically for colchicine because we heard of the pain relief that came with it. Never again. Explosive diarrhea came first, then the nausea, and currently, the projectile vomiting. I am monitoring to make sure he doesn't start bleeding in his GI tract. He is so sick, and the pain in his foot/ankle is only 50% better.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Published: March 13

I have FMF and have been on Colchicine for over 4 years now and its a miracle pill. I don't know what I would do without it. It has given me NO side effects!!Very inexpensive and easy to swallow...

Comment from: jw200sx, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 17

after taking the drug for over a year, perhaps 2, I was diagnosed with MDS with low white blood cell counts, low platelets, low HCT, low HGL and others. Later I came to find out that Colchicine suppresses bone marrow function. Conventional reasoning said that you would have to take a lot to have this happen. I took a daily dose of .65 mg for gout. Allopurinol is supposed to be more effective for gout, but at the time, I was taking Imuran which does not get along with Colchicine. I don't take it now and it will take 3 to 6 months to find out if it was the culprit in my miserable energyless existence.

Related Reading: Imuran

Comment from: vecni4, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: May 26

I have been taking this for fifteen years. Gout runs in my family. Colchicine is a daily med for me. In order to end a attack of gout I must take this med four to five times a day for one day. Stay near a toilet.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 18

I went to Urgent Care on a Sunday morning because of severe pain in my left foot due to Gout. I was given Colchicine .6mg and told to take 2 tablets immediately and one every 1-2 hours till the pain subsided or until I developed Diarrhea. The pain went away by bedtime after taking 9 tablets. Monday morning I had explosive diarrhea and by noon had developed vomiting and severe muscle pain in my back and side. I received a call from Medco Health, my medication provider, about 2:00pm who told me of the side effects, one was the interaction it has with Zocor which causes the degeneration of muscle fiber causing severe pain. I traded one pain for another. The diarrhea and vomiting subsided after 3 days. After a week, I'm still fighting the muscle pain with Oxycodine, but it does seem to be getting better. LOOK FOR AN ALTERNATIVE DRUG!!!!!

Related Reading: Zocor

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 03

I experiened stomack bleeding and had to be place in the hospital and given a blood transfusion, during this time no food or water could be had.

Comment from: larrystude, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 15

First time use because I can not use Nsaids anylonger. It was awful. Took as Dr. Directed. One pill .06 per hour for 4 hours and then 3 the next day and following if persists. About 8 hours after the 2nd day my toe pain was mostly gone and I started feeling nausea and began forced diarrhea which lasted 28 hours about every 30 minutes. Also one heavy bout of vomiting. I WILL NEVER TAKE AGAIN!

Related Reading: Nsaids

Comment from: regina, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 21

i was very displeased with this medicine my dr told me to take it every two hours and i was deathly sick i have had sever diarrea and vomiting after my review of this med i found out i had been prescribed to much