Colchicine User Reviews

Colchicine - User Reviews

Colchicine User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Colchicine sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Artie, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 01

I only take it when I feel an impending attack, and it is amazing. It does cause some diahrrea after 3 days of treatment, but is well worth it, instead of enduring the excruciating pain associated with gout attack. A magic pill indeed.

Comment from: xx, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: December 18

Diarrhea side effect not pleasant but it is better than the pain associated with no treatment.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 18

I was a virgin gout sufferer and the doctor gave me the perscription and reduced the swelling immediately. I am very pleased with the drug and will keep it close by always. No diarria or stomach problems.

Comment from: JimW, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 19

As with most other reviews I've read on here, I have had diarhea after taking this drug. However, I've had a handful of gout attacks over the past 10 years or so and my pain usually doesn't completely subside for about 2 weeks with the worst of it lasting about 2 or 3 days. I have usually waited to see the doctor until several days into an attack and was prescribed colchicine to reduce the swelling. I had some remaining from my last gout episode and this time, I was able to started taking colchicine twice a day immediately after the gout attack and have pretty much eliminated the pain in a week. I have to admit, the first attack I had about 10 years ago, a doctor had me taking it once an hour or once every 2 hours and it made me violently sick to my stomach, though.

Comment from: slipslid, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 04

This has been my second attack of gout but this time it was in my heal ! It took 2 days to figure this out. I started taking colchincine 0.6 mg last night and already feel much better. After a couple of day on med. it should go away I hope. Guess you can get gout attacks anywhere. I think this medication really works and it is cheap !

Comment from: trezpazz, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 24

have severe side effects including itching, panic, presure in ears, insomnia.

Related Reading: itching | insomnia

Comment from: jeff, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 27

Not only has this drug used on a daily basis eliminated all experiences with gout, I had a fairly bad case of psoriasis on my hands. With the use of colchicine my hands completely cleared. Just to make sure that I was not experiencing some new and temporary reaction that led to this psoratic relief, I discontinued the use of the colchincine. The psoriasis in my hand return almost immediately. Upon returning to the use of colchicine, my hands cleared up once again. Every doctor I have talked to dismisses this because they say that gout and psoriasis are not related. Thats fine, but the bottom line is that this drug suppresses both my gout and psoriasis.

Related Reading: psoriasis

Comment from: vinny vanucci, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: June 08

little concered about the white blood count,the one person talked about.but my body makes uric acid and i don't get rid of it and i can't take allpunial.this drug does work fast on the pain and i am on 1 or 2 tabs a day,i think i will cut down after reading these reviews.thanks.