Colcrys User Reviews

Colcrys - User Reviews

Colcrys User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Colcrys sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 27

This is the first month for this drug. Before I was able to purchase generic colchicine. I do NOT understand why a generic drug has become a brand name -- especially as it is a very old drug used for gout for centuries. Can anyone shed light?

Related Reading: colchicine | gout

Comment from: tommylee, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 18

I have suffered bouts of gout periodically over the last 15 years. Like others, I took colchicine with wonderful results and little side effects. No longer available, I have to take colcrys. It does not work near as well as colchicine and has terrible side effects. Now I have a sore toe and cramps and diherrea. There shoudl be an investigation!!!!!!

Related Reading: colcrys

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 03

I have been on Colchisine for years and it works just fine. Now all of a sudden I cannot get it and I have to switch to this garbage. My feet swell and I can't walk too good because of the pain. I had a few Colchisine left and within a few hours the pain and swelling were gone. Whoever made the decision for millions of gout sufferers to eliminate a med that works for this garbage should have their feet crushed with a hammer so they understand the pain we have to endure.

Comment from: Goutman, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 26

As a drug predating the FDA, colchicine was sold in the United States as a generic drug for many years. In 2009, the FDA approved colchicine for gout flares, awarding Colcrys a three-year term of market exclusivity, prohibiting generic sales, and increasing the price of the drug from $0.09 to $4.85 per tablet

Comment from: Susie, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 05

It worked to alleviate the pain within the first day of taking it, but I suffered from 30 hours of severe diarrhea. Why did it become a brand name drug? What a travesty.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: Tom R, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 07

My family doctor indicated this drug was a long time availability, i.e., early Roman ruins time frame. I am gout prone so i was Rx this medicine. At pickup, I had a $56 co-pay with the insurance paying $346. It used to be a very inexpensive generic. A company challanged the FDA for gout use and won leading to copyrighting protection and increase in costs to the user. Someone needs to take a hard look at this Rx cost.

Comment from: lthornto, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 17

this medication does not work for me I still am suffering from the first atack of gout

Comment from: Mary June, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 07

I've been on Colchicine & now Colcrys for Gout for a year or so. I won't get into my disgust of the FDA 's approval & raising the cost. This past week I suffered greatly with canker sores in mouth & swollen tongue. I was unable to swallow solids. The throbbing pain gradually eased over a period of 10 days. My rheumatologist has taken this supposed allergy into consideration & wants me to continue with Colcrys for the time being.

Related Reading: canker sores | allergy

Comment from: pepsicola, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 09

Too expensive, and now my medicare HMO has dropped it and I have to pay full price.What happened to the generic?

Comment from: FlFire, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 01

Sometimes it works, never seems to clear the Gout entirely. Leaves a weird salty after taste. Seems hard to keep hydrated. It does curb the stabbing pain quickly.