Colcrys User Reviews

Colcrys - User Reviews

Colcrys User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Colcrys sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Rodger Young, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 26

50$ copay X 12 months =600$ I think I would rather have my feet amputated.

Comment from: retiree, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 18

Immediately (within 3 mins.) after taking colcrys I had heart palpation, my blood pressure elevated to 130/140, my pulse rate was 146.

Comment from: Disappointed, 75 or over Published: December 09

This medicine did not work and I believe it cause my moms kidneys to fail

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 01

This is my first bout of gout (pun intended). I took 1.8 mg on two conectutive days with no relief whatsoever. It might be possible that it was ineffective because I've been symptomatic for two weeks? I was diagnosed two days ago.

Comment from: Robb, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 24

Have only been taking for 24 hrs and already have relief, swelling going away, flexibilty back in toe, pain almost gone... do not know uric acid level, blood tst not back yet

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 18

this was the worse medication I have ever been on. severe vomitting and diarhea, bleeding from the rectum.

Comment from: MaryE, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 13

All I can say is that when I took the generic awhile ago I had to stop due to gastric side effects. This version, however, does not seem to affect me as much. It seems to work for the gout with few side effects.

Comment from: DADDYJ, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 10

I took this medication before and had no problems and no side effects. This time was different. Two days after taking it I begin to experience severe diarrhea and cramps. I am off the medications now, but an still have cramps with occasional diarrhea.

Comment from: ingorex, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: March 18

I am 75 yrs. old and for the past 40 yrs. have taken .06MG of Colchicine and attained effective relief until recently when the pharmacy had to substitute Colcrys as the old Colchicine was no longer available. The cost of Colcrys greatly exceeded that over generic Colchicine, $475 vs #5 for a 90 day supply. It is not as effective as I now experience diarreha and increased tofus on my ears and face. What happened to the old Colchicine? I am bow retired on medicare and can't afford the cost of Colcrys. I thought the government was trying to control increased drug costs? Where did they go wrong?

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 08

First gout attack was a month ago.took indomethacin with no relief. Dr. prescibed prednisone which got pain to a managable level but didn't take it completely away. had second attack four days ago Doc prescibed colcrys now pain is again managable but have severe diarhea and fatigue and weakness plus paying $5 apill...prednisone seams to work as well and a 10 day supply costs $5

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 17

within 2 to 3 days, pain subsided and able to go to daily medication of Allopurinol.

Comment from: blessed375, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 17

Did not help. My FMF attacks were coming back to back just as they were before West Ward Colchicine. I am afraid of the effects this will have on my kidneys.

Comment from: RamMan09, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 23

I've taken other forms of this drug. This formula works the same day instead of in 3 days with the other brand.