Colestid User Reviews

Colestid - User Reviews

Colestid User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Colestid sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Dallas, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 18

I have been taking this drug since 1991 for effects of crohn's surgery. A section was removed causing excessive and constant diarreah. None of the normal diarreah meds helped without causing severe abdominal pain. For me, this drug tends to thicken the stool and keeps me from daily chronic diarreah.

Related Reading: abdominal pain

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 27

In 2003 I had a spinal fusion which was perfect. Then came the scar tissue which was so severe it closed my small and large intestines which were opened surgery #2. The scar tissue returned while still in the hosptial and surgery #3 required a section of my small and large intestines to be removed. Finally two months after the surgery and every thing I ate running straight thru me, my gastro. Specialist said Colestid should do the trick and it has. It solidifies whatever I eat, take two tablets at bedtime and life is good. Normal like clockwork... I have forgotten on a couple of occasions to take it before bedtime and the next day wasn't pleasant. Not only does Colestid control my intestines my colesterol level is terrfic. Thank you for this wonderful medication when nothing else would work.

Related Reading: Colestid

Comment from: cbbmiller, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 30

I have been taking this med for 8 years now. I had my gullbladder removed in 1996 and had terrible stomach problems. I couldn't eat anything without being near a bathroom. I went to a specialist that recomended Colestid. From the first day I started the med, I never had another problem. This pill has been a life saver for me. Always remember to take the pill. If you miss one dose, you can plan to spend the day in the bathroom.

Comment from: countessat, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 05

After living 10 years with the flushing syndrome after gallbladder surgery in 1991, Colestid gave me a new life. I was not able to go anywhere without a restroom close by. I knew where every restroom was in businesses around town.I have recommended everyone that has the same problem to have their doctor prescribe this to them, it will change their lives.

Comment from: soahcalm, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 05

I had galbladder removal, which caused loose stools, I also had Nissen surgery to correct reflux that sped up my digestive system (dumping syndrom) I take two imodium multi symptom tablets when i first awaken, and then take two colestid tablets bout a half hour before eating breakfast. then bout lunch time I take one imodium and one colestid. and before dinnter i take two colestid and two imodium before eating. this has made a great difference in my gas bloat syndrom and dumping syndrom and has my diareah under controll, although somtimes I have to use a small amount of a water enema, via an enema bottel, after dumping out the saline solution. I masage my tummy for a min or so then bend over breathing out and as i stand up, i raise my arms and breath in, and then take my arms down breathing out and sit on the toilet. this never fails to cause a bowel movent. the bending and exhaleing straightents the colon thus helping move the stool along. the stool is solid, which is a relief. and this regimine has allowed me to drink Kava coffee, some mtn dew, and have a bit of choclatate. which i was never able to have before. i also can eat a little chinese food which was a no no prior to this regimine. we all have trouble after having these types of surgeries and sometimes the things we take for granted are the things we miss the most. this double treetment regimine with the colestid and imodium has changed my life. although i can be a bit sleepy, if I have a little bit of caffeine it helps with that and is a good trade off to not spend five times a day on the toilet. the colestid and imodium has also increased my sex drive, (dont know why) but the combination has managed to drum that back up as well. maby its just because im feeling a bit better. but I cant stress how much this has changed my life. my colestid is 1g tablets, and the imodium is just the imodium multi symptom, that helps with gas bloat, dont take the mint flavrd ones jes the white tabs if mint hurts u.

Related Reading: imodium | stress

Comment from: elise, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 10

I had my gall bladder out in 2003 to help with severe stool/stomach problems. (I think the doctors wanted my money)Anyways after my surgery my condition still existed, calling it IBS. So my doctor put me on colestid, it has been a life saver. If I miss a day I can plan on sitting in the bathroom all day. My biggest fear no is that a new doctor wants me to stop taking it while I'm pregnant because it can absorb vitamins needed while pregnant, we'll see how long that lasts. Over all this med is inexpensive and great conpared to the alternate.

Related Reading: vitamins

Cholesterol Management

Tips to keep it under control.