Colestid User Reviews

Colestid - User Reviews

Colestid User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Colestid sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 02

Multiple stools following cholecystectomy have been effectively controlled with use of Colestipol. This, after 8 years of misery!!!

Comment from: Heartsss, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 11

I am using this drug with carafate to line my intestines due to having a spastic colon. I had my gall bladder out and 18 inches of my colon out and this is the first time I can go out and eat without running to the bathroom. It works and I am so thankful. My doctor had his gall bladder out and was having bathroom problems he put me on these meds and they are working for him and me!!!

Related Reading: carafate

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 17

I've had diarreha for years. This is the only thing that seems to help. Missing a dose causes the diarreha to start up again.

Comment from: Terri, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 14

I am taking this medication due to chronic diarrhea caused by my gall bladder removal. It truly has changed my life! I no longer have to be near a bathroon 24/7. I have only had one reoccurance of diarrhea and that was due to my missing my dose the day before. I was, however, in the bathroom most of the day. Therefore, I would highly recommend not missing a dose.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: LadyB, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 24

I started using this for chronic diarrhea after I had my gallbladder removed 2 years ago. It has been effective for stopping my diarrhea. I do experience more constipation now that I am on this medication.

Related Reading: constipation

Comment from: velvet, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 26

i was prescribed this medication from my gastrointerologist for severe diarrhea associated with irritable bowel syndrome because nothing else has worked. it usually works well but the granules are like sand in your mouth-not very tasty.

Related Reading: irritable bowel syndrome

Comment from: MJW, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 16

Very Good results when on granular form. Had to change to Tablet as drugist was unable to supply.

Comment from: Windy, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 09

I have been given this drug (by my doctor) to treat chronic diarrhea. It helps with the symptoms, but does not cure my condition. As soon as I stop taking this drug, the diarrhea returns.

Comment from: stephkuz, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 01

I take a half packet of Colestipol in the morning in orange juice, and I am good for breakfast, including coffee, and for the rest of the day. It controls diahrhea that resulted from gallbladder surgery in 1981. I have used it all this time with no side affects (probably because of the small dose). Experiment with a dosage that works. It makes all the difference in my lifestyle.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 24

I was placed on this medication after recent gall bladder removal. The loose stool has slowed down quite a bit. But I've noticed some itching in my left under arm at this time. This will be monitored and reported to my primary.

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 17

I've been taking this medicine for years, and the only problem I sometimes have is remembering to allow the necessary time to pass before taking other medications. I took the powdered form for a bit, and found it ineffective and frankly, gross. However, the pills (though huge!!) work just fine and have never given me any problems with side effects.

Cholesterol Management

Tips to keep it under control.