CombiPatch User Reviews

CombiPatch - User Reviews

CombiPatch User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication CombiPatch sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 09

Severe Hot flashes, insomnia, short tempered, poor focus. All disappeared within 1 week of using the patch. New life. Only problem is skin irritation, but use cocoa butter on places where patch was, helps tremendously.

Related Reading: Hot flashes | insomnia

Comment from: nurseonhrt, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 29

Love the transdermal system. No more hot flashes, vaginal dryness, or sleepless nights. Had some break-through bleeding first few months (light period) but that was explained to me by physician before I started it. I've been on it about 1.5 years now and only side-effect is weight gain around my waist. I've researched other HRT and think this is the best. I'm on the lowest dose 0.05/0.14. Is there one that doesn't have weight gain as a side-effect? If there is, I hope it is made into a transdermal system - just apply every 3-4 days and forget about it. Save your liver!

Related Reading: vaginal dryness | liver

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 19

I have used this patch for several years. When I try to discontinue or slow down on the dose, my symptoms come back - hot flashes. The best way to keep the patch from coming off is to first swab the area with alcohol and dry completely and put the patch on. It took me a long time to figure that one out!!

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 24

Works great for the hot flashes and other symptoms. I like the fact that I can cut it in half and quarter reducing the dose. I wait several hours after showering before putting on new patch, so that it wont' fall off. Would highly recommend rather than taking a pill.

Comment from: lisa, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 09

I have been using combipatch for 9 months now. I no longer have menopause symptoms. No bad side effects at all.

Related Reading: combipatch | menopause

Comment from: Jenna, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 03

Before taking it my migraines increased and I got severe hot flashes every half hour. I was in pain and miserable. It took a few weeks before it began to work but once it did it was wonderful. I feel better than I every have in my life.

Comment from: Jaynie, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 16

Like most women I am concerned about the use of any hrt. I was absolutely miserable prior to using the patch. My night sweats, day time hot flashes, emotional episodes, along with the vaginal dryness improved after one month. I do have a family hx of breast cancer and heart disease which does concern me. However, my quality of life has improved.

Related Reading: night sweats | breast | cancer

Comment from: EPtraveler, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 03

I have been post menopause for 6 years and have been miserable, hot flashes, night sweats, loss of sleep. Tried to tough it out...this is a miracle. Only problem is that is sometimes comes off.

Comment from: bsantang, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 25

Began this treatment about 1 month ago. Was experiencing hot flashes, anxiety, difficulty in focusing my thoughts and getting no sleep. It took about 1 1/2 weeks to achieve the full effect of the patch but I have seen wonderful improvement in all my symptoms above. I find the patch stays on pretty well if you use alcohol to clean the area before you put it on. If you exercise, you will probably need to use medical tape because sweating is most likely to cause it to fall off. As for the cost of $50 per month, I was using OTC hormone creams prior to this and the cost was much greater than the patch. My only complaint is a bit of weight gain which I'm working on from a change of diet standpoint. If you were as desperate as I was, it provides real relief. I think for minor menopausal symptoms, it is probably overkill.

Related Reading: anxiety