CombiPatch User Reviews

CombiPatch - User Reviews

CombiPatch User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication CombiPatch sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: AtlantaLady, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 27

Estrogen levels dropped 3 months before I turned 50 (in 2008) and my weight bumped. On my 50th birthday I was diagnosed with high blood pressure needing medication (low dose Diovan). Talk about "change"! By May of 2010 when my periods stopped I had gained a total of 20 pounds, suffered significant hair loss (and bought several wigs), and finally understood what Chronic Fatigue Syndrome must feel like. Hot flashes escalated so that I woke up 6 times a night. On 2/4/2011 I went back to my dr. and said "ENOUGH! I still have one ovary and my uterus and I need help." I have been on lowest dose Combipatch since 2/4/11. By the time I went to bed that night I already felt better. The hot flashes totally went away after 4 days. I don't suffer from the fatigue anymore. Consequently I am getting up earlier and working out again, so the weight is just starting to come off. My appetite has normalized. My hair is still thinning, but you can't have everything. I also got my period again last week (forget spotting, it's a period). I still need testosterone shots to keep my libido up, but the vaginal dryness is gone. It would be great if there was one patch that addressed ALL those things, but I am grateful that Combipatch is available. I could not imagine living like I was for another 20 years, I'd rather be dead, quite frankly. Thank you, Novartis.

Related Reading: high blood pressure | Diovan | hair loss

Comment from: jbug53, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 28

I was having 50 hot flashes/day and not able to sleep through a night for months-(making me crazy). It took a few weeks but my symptoms (hot flashes and insomnia) have really improved after I started on Combipatch. I'm happy about that, however, I started spotting and intermittently have to take off for a week or so to stop the spotting. I'm also having some depression and irritability that I think may be due to the progestin. I'm going to look and see if there's a smaller dose or I might consider trying cutting it in half like another reviewer suggested.

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: StephC48, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 23

I had very severe hot flashes, restless sleep, etc and when I started taking medication it also took a good week before the symptons disappeared. I was told it should take 2 days, but it took longer, but it worked.

Comment from: Flit, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 15

The combipatch has been wonderful. It has really relieved my menopausal symptoms. With all of the research I,ve done on HRT I feel the combipatch is the best FDA approved option for me.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 01

I was have hot flashes every hour during the night and not getting any sleep. The patches took effect in about 12 hours and the hot flashes have stopped. Really an improvement in my quality of life.

Comment from: mary Powell, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 27

I believe this is the cause of my weight gain. I look like i'm about five months preg. I'm going to go off this and see if this is why I have gained about 30 pounds. I just wonder if anybody else has had this problem.

Comment from: Gojoe, 49, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 03

This patch changed my life! I've been on it for 7 months, due to horrific, paralyzing menopausal symptoms, on top of working shift work for 25 years. The only thing it didn't fix is my libido. If patch gets loosened, from sweat or showering, I pat top dry and it re-sticks itself! Slight itching & irritation after removing. Had sevral weeks of spot bleeding, still occassional. No more hot flashes, night sweats, or lack of energy. Slight weight gain. I think this is one of those things that works diffently for each individual. Someone else mentioned a dry mouth. Not sure if it's associated with patch, but I've had this problem also. Especially during the night and when I wake up. I would HIGHLY recommend the Combipatch.

Related Reading: itching | dry mouth

Published: November 17

I am taking this med due to a genetic disease which causes me to have extreme fluctuations with estrogen/progesterone at age 38. It has helped me lead a more normal life and feel like a young woman again....such as increased libido and no more vaginal dryness, better skin too.

Related Reading: genetic disease