CombiPatch User Reviews

CombiPatch - User Reviews

CombiPatch User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication CombiPatch sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: yol, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 09

the patch falls off with swimming and showers with warm water, feeling cramps, other than that, I suppose less night sweats and hot flashes.

Comment from: jahawhi, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 19

Have been on the combi patch for about 2 months. Before the patch, I was dragging to get through the day. Now, the hot flashes are gone. I'm sleeping a lot better. I no longer have the "dead head" feeling. The only problem is I'm feeling fat. The scales haven't moved more than a couple of pounds but I feel and see a difference in my belly. It's like my weight is shifting to my middle. Am thinking about stopping the patch just to see if it makes a difference in the belly weight.

Comment from: Momma1959, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 25

I am 51 y/o & was having killer migraines, hot flashes & insomnia. Menopause had come on with a bang! I was very reluctant to do any kind of HRT. However, I started the smallest dose Combipatch about 2 &1/2 months ago. After 2 weeks the hot flashes disappeared completely & after 6 weeks, the migraines were gone. I still have some insomnia but it is better than it was. My quality of life has improved so much! I started my periods back but my Gyn dr said if I was still having periods in September 2011, that he would increase the dose of the Combipatch. The goal is not to have any periods while controlling the menopausal symptoms. I am also using the Estrace cream which has also helped with vaginal dryness. Yah for Combipatch! I have had NO side effects at all!

Related Reading: Estrace

Comment from: debbie, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 16

the patch works very well for me but i can't afford it, even with insurance the co-pay is $50.00. Is there a geninic?

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 21

I've been on it for 3 wks & decided to stop today. It did nothing for hot flashes and insomnia(primary reason for taking it) and brought on my period which I hadn't had for 7 months. Sore/Swollen breasts, heavy bleeding & cramping/bloating started after 2 wks. I'm miserable and very disappointed.

Comment from: Slane, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 08

For the first time in over five years, I slept through the night. Only been using the low dose patch for a few days and was very reluctant to engage HRT. I tried to tough it out, but it became a quality of life issue. Time will tell if any side effects occur. But the sleep was worth its weight in gold!

Comment from: fraz55, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 07

Before beginning treatment with Combi-patch I had constant hot flashes & night sweats. Within the first week of treatment, those disappeared completely. Patch stays on well except after extended time in a chlorine pool. Began spotting once a month after 6 months of treatment, but now-- after 9 months-- have been bleeding for 10 days straight. Am waiting to hear back from the doctor's office.

Comment from: csm1770, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 31

I began using Combipatch (low dosage) in early August 2011 for severe hot flashes and after a week they were virtually nonexistant. By the third week, I started to spot, which lasted almost 2 weeks. I've been using the patch for not quite 3 months. Until a week ago, I thought this was going to be a miracle drug, but now the hot flashes and sleepless nights have returned and continue to get worse each day. I decided to switch to Bio-identicals and hope it will be the answer to being hot-flash free. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has had experience with bio-identicals.