Combivir User Reviews

Combivir - User Reviews

Combivir User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Combivir sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 20

I have been on combivir for 5 years and have not had a single bad experience with it

Related Reading: combivir

Comment from: jimzplace3546@aol.com, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 21

12 years on Combivir with no known negative impact. Just a word to the wise. The drug Reyataz raised my liver enzymes in 3 categories to over 325. This could have destroyed my liver and, at 67 years of age I doubt I would be a likely candidate for a transplant. Doctors are busy and don't remember everything they should. If you are prescribed this drug, insist on a follow up blood draw in 3-4 weeks. Be proactive in your own health. Good Luck!

Related Reading: Reyataz | liver

Comment from: Sam Darren, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 05

1-2-2009: This has worked fine for the last 5 previous years. My doctor wants to remove me from it because of potential of lipodistrophy in the face. I have suffered no side effects from using combivir, and am reluctant to part with it. For me, it's a matter of 'The Devil you know versus the Devil you don't".

Comment from: paul , 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 20

It is keeping me alive I know that. I had no side effects from this drug. I have been taking it for 10 years

Comment from: na, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 28

I have been positive for 13 years and have an undetectable viral load and ove 1k tcells. I take trizivir every morning and every night withour fail.

Related Reading: trizivir

Comment from: Jen, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 03

After a needle-stick w/used needle, I got prescribed Combivir for prevention of blood borne pathogen's; the benefits seemed clear, the side-effects sound life threatening my experience nausea (helps to eat bread, crakers,pretzels any thing w/startch about every 2 hrs pretty much have to force feed yourself), vomiting, stomach feeling constantly raw very painful, lots of uncomforable BM's. I'm writing this review so others in the Medical field or anybody that helps patients that may be exposed to blood borne pathogen's will practice extreme caution.

Related Reading: prevention

Comment from: carol, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 14

hiv

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 16

I am actually taking Atripla. I work in the Pharmaceutical industry and Combivir is actually going to be available in it's generic form this year. According to Excellus BlueCross Blueshield Association looks like some time November 2012 or there abouts. This is something you may want to speak with your Doctor about.

Related Reading: Atripla

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 12

VERY VERY SCK TO MY STOMACH AND CHILLS PAIN IN STOMACH AND CRAMPS

Comment from: chgamp, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 04

works sometime.

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.