Comtan User Reviews

Comtan - User Reviews

Comtan User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Comtan sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: hahnfan, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 14

I had a negative experience, with side effects of moderate to severe dizziness, moderate nausea within an hour of taking it, balance worsen and stumbling , with or without food.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: jono, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 16

i developed scary helusonary visions,very frightening real to me,seeing talking faces in my pot plants ,motor bikes driving around my property,trucks backing through my bedroom window

Comment from: george, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 26

the use of this presription seems to cause a feeling of "fogginess" but beside this feeling it does help with the symptoms.

Published: November 22

this drug does releaves some of the shakings

Comment from: lorrlynn, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 27

Other than a change in the color of my urine, this drug has been a god send! I am now symptom free for 12 hours out of every 24. I take 200 mg with carbidopa/levo tablets 4 times daily.

Comment from: pppppparky, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 03

I have little improvement in tremors/shaking hand... have noticed a "calming effect" and feel less wired , but about one month after starting entacapone I developed persistent diarrhea (5Weeks and counting! )I have never had a bowel problem and as my stool samples are negative. ( I am scheduled for a visit to a gastro enterologist.) hmmmmm I wonder if this is a drug induced side effect?

Related Reading: tremors | diarrhea

Comment from: Deborah's Dad, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: January 12

My 84 year-0ld dad skiped 2 doses of Comtan because of his doc was trying new meds on him... He suddenly became very rigid and immoblized, cnofused and extremely drowsy. Once he was put back on Comtan, his Parkinson and dimentia conditions were greatly improved. He went back to normal, and everything becomes clear to him again. Yes, he's still rigid and not very active, but compare to without Comtan, it is a day and night difference!

Related Reading: Comtan

Comment from: 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: April 20

i am very sleepy

Comment from: jazzy, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 31

It is very expensive

Comment from: James, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 28

I am 81 yr old male. I have had Parkinson's for 8 yrs. I have always been very active and have tried to keep exercising. I have been taking Comtan,200mg, along with carbidopa/levodopa. Dosing 4x a day for about 6 mos. This medicine is helpful but does have side effects for me.

Comment from: marigold, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 01

Started taking 200mg, 3x per day, with l-dopa.Worked very well to control tremor and improve general mood and co-ordination but then, after 3 months use, diarrhoea started and has continued for a month with no sign of abating. Can this be "fixed"?. I would like to continue with the Comtan BUT this intestinal side effect is a difficult one to live with!

Comment from: DieOma, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 13

sinemet was wearing off too soon. sometimes it didn't work at all. Comtan worked wonders. I could walk. Up until until takng Comtan, I was constipated. Ever Since I started Comtan, I've had diarreah

Related Reading: sinemet

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 04

I didn't notice any improvement with the use of comtan but did have severe depression and suicidal thoughts.

Related Reading: depression

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.