Concerta User Reviews

Concerta - User Reviews

Concerta User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Concerta sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Jason, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 04

54mg of Concerta every morning has enabled me to be focussed,calm, and less aggressive. There is a definite night and day difference if I miss a dose. It gives me the patience to get through the things in life that used to set me off. I don't feel like a zombie nor am I flying high on it. I simply feel better, and those who know me say its made a huge difference. People used to say that I made them nervous just being around them because I was so spastic and fidgety. People can get to know the real me and not be turned away by the spastic, nervous ball of energy I once was. Concerta does not change your personality, it allows you focus and express it. I don't suffer from any adverse side effects from this product but I do feel it has lost a bit of its effectiveness over the years. Maybe my body has developed a bit of a tolorence over the years to it. I'll discuss this with my doctor in a few weeks. For parents of children with ADD or ADHD take note that this product does really work. It is, however, very expensive at approx $160 a month. Don't let this steer you away though; because there are patient assistance plans out there that will cover the entire cost of this any many other medications.

Comment from: kah930, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 25

18mg of Concerta has done wonders for my 7 year old struggling with a severe case of ADHD. He is easing through 2nd grade after a frightening time in kindergarten and 1st time. There were times when I wanted to escape the angry, unattentive, sometimes violent little boy, but since he started on his medication and routine schedule, he is one of the happiest children I've ever met.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 16

I was taking Ritalin LA which seemed to come on very strong and wear off drastically by mid-afternoon. Concerta, on the other hand, gives a slower, smoother experience and tapers down without the headache. It also allows me to focus on one thing at a time. I have a much better quality of life with this med.

Related Reading: Ritalin LA | headache

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: January 27

My husband and I were concerned about putting our son on any medications because he was 6 years old. We told ourselves it was his age and that he would grow out of this behavior. The problem started in preschool and in to 1st grade. We dreaded seeing his teacher to hear about his behavior that day and what happened in class. It was always that he couldn't sit still or wouldn't comlete his work and wouldn't stop talking in class. We finally went to the doctor and poured our hearts out to her and asked for help. She explained that it is an age and maturity factor but there were some ADHD symptons based on what we described. We chose concerta and started out with the 18mg dosage and noticed a difference within a couple of days. We made his teacher aware of the medicine and after a few weeks and discussions with his teacher we went back to the doctors and decided to go with the 27mg dosage. That was the magic number! Our son has made a 180 degree transformation. He pays attention in class, follows directions, completes his work and receives high marks from his teacher daily. It's a great feeling knowing he's doing so well in and out of school. I have to say that even though I was against putting our son on medication, it was the best decision we made. We are so proud of him and he knows that. He even reminds me eveery morning that it's time to take his "vitamin".

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 24

I started out on Concerta when I was 13, it worked great in the beginning, but my body kept adjusting to the dose and my dosage just kept going up and up. I'm 21 now, and up until two weeks ago, I was taking two 36 and two 54's each day, so 180 overall. Of course, on this high dose, I began to notice heart palpatations, extreme anxiety, and paranoia, but my doctor said this was all normal. I finally decided my heart pals and shortness of breath were too much and went to get my heart checked out. They found some serious heart rythem problems and trachycardia issues that I have to see electrocardisit specialists for and possibly get surgery to correct. Though Concerta helped me maintain a 4.0 all through college, I'm not so sure it's worth this. I know they say Concerta doesn't create heart problems, or there is very little risk, but I come from a family of absolutely NO HEART DISEASE and this is pretty serious. And even if Concerta didn't create the problem, there is no doubt in my mind that it made it worse. Basically, if you are considering putting yourself or your child on Concerta, make sure you have constant, regular doctors check up, specifically for your heart, make sure you keep an eye on your heart rate/pulse, and don't take palpatations or shortness of breath lightly.

Related Reading: HEART DISEASE

Comment from: Liz, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 10

My 5 year old son is on 18mg of concerta a day and he is doing wonderful. He has been through so much Telephic's, physicoligist and therapy, not to mention me feeling not only helpless but being picked apart by children services likeits my fault. He could not help how he was feeling or acting, it was a nightmnare for all of us and espeically my son. Now he is doing better expressing himself in a healthy way rather than aggressive and he has friends. Seeing him smile and play without trying just being a kid and really enjoying himself, its so great to see! Finially I ve met my son.