Copaxone User Reviews

Copaxone - User Reviews

Copaxone User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Copaxone sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: None, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 01

I don't like the way the injection sites become, sore, red or bruised looking. They also become "dent" looking spots after awhile, they don't go away completely. However, I love the results of the treatment.

Comment from: sweetie angel, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 15

july 4th 2006 could not walk. Aug 2006 went on copaxone. Its great,skin indentions are not pretty oh well I can walk and work full time. The hardest thing to except was I am not a super woman now, So I must manage my body and rest when I get tired. Stress gets me fast, so I have to manage by talking to my self alot!! My MRI show no new activity! I am so lucky I can continue to walk. My goal was to be able to climb the stairs at the race tracks agian and I can and I hope to be able to continue to climb stairs with this medication. We travel a lot and now that this medication can be room temp, its so easy! It's a way with my life now, every night around 6:30 it's all about me and my copaxone for 30 min. Shared Solutions and my Dr. are wonderfull. My boss is great too and My hushand is my best supporter. Can't wait for pill form. I wished that everyone could use copaxone.

Related Reading: copaxone | Stress

Comment from: the cat lady, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 28

I was diagnosed September 1997. It took me years to finally accept the idea of shots. I started with Avonex. I could not continue with this treatment due to the side effects. I went without meds for a few years. Then I was put on Copaxone for awhile but the skin site reactions were too hard to deal with. Then I was switched to Rebif. I do not respond well to interferon. When a fellow coworker pointed out the fact I could not remember anything it was time for a check up. I was once again put on Copaxone. That was over two years ago. Once I started treatment again my recall improved greatly. My skin site reactions are less now that my husband gives me the shot. When I was doing the injecting I was pushing on the skin surface too much and that was what was causing those huge red reaction sites that burned for some time. I just wish that traveling with Copaxone was easier. Having a packed cooler, getting motel rooms with mini fridges, having to carry a sharps container, keeping a suitable ice pack cold enough to use after the shot was sort of difficult when we were traveling a long distance. But then again having my memory back, being able to walk without tripping, living life to its fullest doing the above is well worth it.

Related Reading: Avonex | Rebif

Comment from: digger8914, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 29

I was diagnosed Aug 07 began copaxone Sep 07. I am so lucky to have a best friend give me my shots every day and that makes all the difference. At first had such a hard time especially with my arms but now... The reactions are annoying,the lumps last the full week.With the auto inject we found if you adjust the depth for each sight because the fat is different in each area,the bruises will not be as bad. Within a few weeks I felt my cognitive thought clearing and my strength get better. My balance and muscle fatigue are getting worse but I just had my first follow up MRI and no new lesions and only one active sight so all in all things are great and I will stay on the copaxone. My drug provider just sent me a trial package of copaxone with thinner needles ( it does make a difference)so maybe this will be available to all of us soon. Ask your provider.

Related Reading: bruises | fatigue

Comment from: Cindy, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 11

I was on Rebif for 9 months and had a terrible time with headaches and the flu symtoms, not to mention the site reactions. Copaxone has been great only one relapse in the last 18 months and it was minor. The site reactions are like minor bee stings which last only 5-10 minutes. It does seem to be the best going right now.

Related Reading: flu

Published: October 15

I have used interferons and they are far worse (for me) than copaxone. The important thing is that we all stay on some sort of therapy.

Comment from: JadeKelly, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 25

This medication is the best!!!!! I have been on it for 12 years (dx 1997)and have no problems. Now, occasionally it will feel like a "sweat bee sting" after injecting it but no big deal. I have had 3 or 4 "chest tightening" reactions but nothing crazy. The only thing I don't like is the depressions in your arms and legs. After you take it for a while, you get "dents" in your arms and legs. I feel great - no "feel bad" side effects. I take it right before I go to bed. I strongly recommend this medication!!!!

Multiple Sclerosis