Copaxone User Reviews

Copaxone - User Reviews

Copaxone User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Copaxone sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: iminjtown, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10+ years Published: August 10

My mother began taking Copaxone 14 years ago, the one thing to discuss with your DR. is the fact that it supresses the immune system (virtually eliminates it) making one more prone to getting melanoma, a deadly skin cancer, and the only skin cancer that is fought off directly by the immune system. Unfortunately, my mother ended up with a melanoma, which spread VERY quickly throughout her body. After having the melanoma and lymph nodes removed in February, a PET scan showed her to not have any other active cancerous areas. As of August, it has spread to her liver, her back, pelvis and both legs. While copaxone works rather well, remember, it ACTS as an immuno-suppressant, making you more prone to other, and deadlier disease.

Related Reading: melanoma | skin cancer | cancer

Comment from: charmaine6418, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 01

Diagnosed March of 2008. Started with Rebif and it made me very fatigue, stiff joints and depressed. Also, had flu like symptoms some nights. I was always wanting to sleep and some days I had no energy. It made my life harder and I had to cut my hours at work. My Dr. took me off because it made my liver enzymes shoot through the roof. Been on Copaxone since July 2008. Its great, just the itching, swelling and redness. the ice usually helps for a few days. but its given me my life back. before i couldn't feel my legs and feet. now its just tingling and numbing sensations that are tolerable. daily injections are annoying, but at least it doesn't make me exhausted like rebif. i can't wait for the approval of the pill forms and the extinction of injections. God Bless you all, i pray every day for us...:)

Related Reading: sleep | liver | itching

Comment from: Lorelei, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 29

I have been using Copaxone for 7 years now. It is a miraculous drug for me. I have only had one exacerbation since starting. Prior to Copaxone, I tried Avonex. Was bed-ridden for 5 days with terrible flu-like side effects. Never tried it again. My only complaint with Copaxone is the lumps it leaves at the injection site. Also, have problems with what I call "pot- holes" or "divits" that it has left in my skin over the years. After discussing with my Neurologist and the Pharmeceutical co., I have changed to ever-other day injections. This was due to running out of sites as the lumps take too long to go away. I am not recommending this dosing schedule to everyone, but it may be worth discussing with your Doctor. God Bless you all. Positive attitude is EVERYTHING with this disease! Thank you.

Comment from: PoeticDolor, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 21

I have been on Copaxone for over a year now and regardless of the difficulties I've experienced during injections, this drug simply works great! The bad reactions I have experienced injecting this drug are to be honest, substantially longer than claimed by the drug's maker. 45 minutes of extreme heat and hard muscle spasms followed by 45 minutes of uncontrollable shivering. And while these worse-case reactions are thankfully uncommon events, they ultimately should not become a major concern. After all, the purpose of injecting for me has been NO FLARE-UPS since I've started this drug! Just remember to always rotate your injections loyally and if you do experience difficulty with unacceptably slow injections (which will happen) simply shift to injecting twice on the stomach region - one left and one right of the navel and if needbe, high and low on each of your legs. After a few weeks, you can return to injecting in the sites which were causing you trouble. This fluid shifting may seem troublesome but if you maintain a focused and adaptable injection routine, the benefits can be outstanding! Thanks Teva Neuroscience for at the very least, sucessfully controlling my Multiple Sclerosis!

Related Reading: muscle spasms | Multiple Sclerosis

Comment from: ElvisHasLeft, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 10

MS diagnosis June '04,on Copaxone therapy since Oct. '04. First months were VERY difficult, as I have long had an intense fear of needles. (Amazing how quickly one can get over fear when faced with the alternatives!) Had one outbreak of hives which may have been from Copaxone or Chinese food (go figure). MRI's show lesions have regressed somewhat, with no new lesions. Only complaint is that I tend to hit veins when injecting thighs, but that's my fault. Frustrating that 'they' don't know WHY it works, but I'm awful glad that it does. Would recommend to new MS patients, and to those looking for an alternative to interferon therapy (potential liver damage scared me away from interferon therapy).

Related Reading: hives

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 25

Works ok. I don't like injecting myself everyday, but the therapy has worked for me. I have been using it for about 5 years.

Multiple Sclerosis