Copaxone User Reviews

Copaxone - User Reviews

Copaxone User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Copaxone sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: bobcats, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 04

I've been on Copaxone for 1 1/2 months. I have been very pleased so far. I had double vision for over two weeks in Aug 2008. Copaxone was my drug of choice after lots of research. My vision is completely normal and I no longer tingle. I can say I feel better now then I have in the past several years. Now that I know I have MS, I take my medicine, rest more, and don't spread myself too thin. It is all about taking care of yourself and having a positive attitude. Shared Solutions has be wonderful to work with also.

Related Reading: double vision

Comment from: www.myspace.com/peaches_bkny, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 22

I experienced symptoms of numbness from the waist down in August 2006. When I started copaxone in October 2006 I didnt have any major symptoms anymore, but I did have many leasions on my MRI. Now as of September 2008 I have been symptom free. Besides fatigue and the occasional migrane im doing fine....i used to bruise a lot with the injections, but if you start injecting at a 45 degree angle, it helps!!

Comment from: Kathleen, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 16

I took the shots faithfully for months (about 7) & then had my first bad reaction. I thought that would be it. I continued with the shots w/o any trouble (another 7 mos) but then I started having more bad reactions. The joint pain was increasing each time. I was even screaming out in pain and truly "paralyzed" with the it for at least an hr after the shot. I was at the point of having a bad reaction every 3rd or 4th shot and since it was taken daily, I just couldn't do it & my Neuro wouldn't put me on anything else so I've quit taking it. Has anyone else had excessive reactions to the shots?

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 16

Been on Copaxone since 2002 and have had only minor flare ups until now (March 2008). The only problem I have had is the same as most people on Copaxone, the injection site reactions. Sweeling, dents and scar tissue. I went 4 years before I got the Auto-injection kit and it has worked great! Just hate taking a shot everyday. All in all if your Neurologist suggest the drug give it a try as it has worked for me and I am working a full-time job.

Comment from: Cris, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 24

I've been using copaxone for seven months and I'm very satisfied. Major improvement was seen on my MRI only after four months of use. The only side effect i've experienced is the injection site reaction of redness, swelling and itching which disappears after 2-3 days. I recommend massaging the injection site 24-48 hours after injection; this really helps with reducing hardening of the skin.

Comment from: Mezmireyez220, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 10

Being on Copaxone since diagnosed with Relapsing/Remitting M.S. in 2000, has been a breeze for me. Of course I get site-reactions and have some scar tissue on the injection sites, but overall this medicine has done it's job for me. In my yearly MRI's, I have had NO new leison's (sp?) In my opinion, Copaxone is a miracle drug!

Comment from: kaa429, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 19

Ive been on it twice and i recall weight gain and excessive sweating as my biggest complaint. Reading all the common side affects I relate to but the ms may be more the cause of some not the drug?

Related Reading: excessive sweating

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 13

Ive been on Copaxone for almost 2 years and haven't developed any new lesions. I can have any type of medical procedure done to me but if not for the Autoject I would not be able to inject myself. The side effects are so easy to handle and deal with. The bee sting feeling I only get on my legs and hip / butt area only lasts for approx. 20 min. so I just put an ice pack on it. The bump / swelling no one can see (unless you're wearing a micro mini or you're nude and unless you get hit in that area doesn't hurt. The itching I only experienced on my arms but because of the severity of the itching and swelling (with my dr.s ok) I no longer inject my arms. The abdomen I find is the best. I don't have any side effects when I inject my stomach. I did however experience the "heart-attack" like side effect only once after approx. 5 months of using Copaxone. It occurred about 30 seconds after injecting. My heart started racing like it was going to explode I had shortness of breath and profuse sweating. It felt like what I would imagine a heart - attack would feel like. The intense feeling lasted only approx. 90 seconds max. then dissipated completely within 5 minutes. It hasn't happened since. Overall I am very happy with the results and can't complain about the side effects.

Multiple Sclerosis