Copaxone User Reviews

Copaxone - User Reviews

Copaxone User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Copaxone sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 16

I was diagnosed with RRMS Friday the 13th, Sep 2007 (I kid you not). I started Copaxone Oct 2007. My doctor decided on this medication b/c it is the most widely tolerated of all the MS drugs with the least severe side effects. Since starting the injections I have not had any attacks, the size of my lesions have shrunk, and every now and then I get some mild numbness which usually goes away within a day. In the past month or so I have noticed on my thighs, small dents forming where I do my injections, and I never knew that other people experienced this until reading these reviews (feel a little better now). Will try to stay away from those areas for awhile. I definitely recommend this medication, other than the usual injection-site reactions that everyone experiences, the only inconvenience is having to do it everyday, which in the big picture, is worth it.

Comment from: birdsong13, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 23

The injection site issues are a big problem. The induration lasts for over a week at each site as does the redness, swelling, itching, etc. I'm also experiencing stiff neck, excessive fluid retention and general feeling of being unwell.

Comment from: Ede, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 09

I have used Copaxone since Jan of 1999. I am doing wonderful on it and have only had one minor relapse. When I was diagnosed in 1997, my entire right side went out! Steroids returned my right side function. And I fully believe that the Copaxone has kept the MS symptoms away. It is so much easier to use now that it comes pre-mixed in the syringe! I used it back in the day when we had to mix it ourselves. I only have minor site reactions and I use the Auto-ject. Without out it, I know I couldn't inject myself. I can't inject in my arms, way too painful! Can't do the top of the thighs either. I use stomach, hips and top of the rear-end! I love Copaxone! I really hope someday they can make it in pill form!

Comment from: ABM, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 19

I just wanted to add that if Benadryl Cream is used on the injection site immediately following injection. It will eliminate a local reaction. I had no redness, pain, bruising whatever using this method

Related Reading: Benadryl