Coreg CR User Reviews

Coreg CR - User Reviews

Coreg CR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Coreg CR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: sbgamartin, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 06

I was taking DiovanHCT 320mg with Amilodipine and my BP's were 160-185/100-115. I no longer take the Amilodipine. I take Coreg CR 80mg and my BP's are down in normal range and my heart rate is finely under 90 bpm.

Related Reading: Coreg CR

Comment from: gemweight, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 01

Day to day my heart rate and Blood pressure readings are all over the chart even though my lifestyle is somewhat sedentary. I am 72. Doctor changed me from 50mg Toprol xl to Coreg cr 10mg because my pulse rate was typically high 40's. Quadruple bypass very successful in 2002. Retired in 2005. I work out about 30 minutes on treadmill twice a week and 20 on weight machines. I have not been working out since changing medication.

Related Reading: Toprol xl

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 24

Coreg CR did lower my heart rate so that my heart no longer raced on occasion. However, my blood pressure did not go down. The side effects of complete lethargy to the point of just wanting to sit or sleep all day and a complete lack of sex drive made this medication a nightmare. Just switched to Bystolic and after only 1 week have tons more energy.

Published: September 01

I had a really hard time sleeping while taking this med, and I was so spaced out during the day that I could barely function (office job). I also became pretty deeply depressed, which may have been a byproduct of my exhaustion and spaciness. In all, this is the worst medication I've ever taken. My doctor switched me to Bystolic with an alpha blocker in the evening, which has been equally effective treating my high blood pressure, but with minimal side effects.

Related Reading: high blood pressure

Comment from: Brenda, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 29

Along with the other Reviewer, I, too, was on Toprol-XL and I had so many side effects it would kill me. Switched to Coreg-CR 20-mg. Have only taken for 5-days now so hard to rate, but I think it might work out. None of the "Reviewers" state their "mg" usage, and that is important to know !

Related Reading: Coreg

Comment from: mongoosec, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 24

I have taken coreg since 1996 after a heart attack. This along with Altace keeps my bp under control.

Related Reading: heart attack | Altace

Comment from: 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 15

this drug was presribed in conjunction with hydrochlrothiziade(water pill).after 24-36 hours i had extreme cramping in my hands,calves & feet. i also had awful mood changes and was nervous and combative with depression.i stopped the water pill which relieved the cramping but the other symptons remained until i stopped taking the coreg; 12-24 hours after stopping i had severe headaches and heavy pressure in my chest with back pain. AFTER ABOUT 24 HOURS I WAS BACK ALMOST TO NORMAL.

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 01

Extremely fatigued, dizzy and lightheaded. Was taking 10 mg once daily. Dr. swears by this medicine but it is not for me. Couldnt pay me to take again. Glad it works for some.

Comment from: qaqs9000, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 27

Didn't work for me at all. My blood pressure increased and my heart rate jumped almost 40 beats per min. I was a patient using Metoprolol and it worked well except for fatigue issues.

Related Reading: fatigue