Coreg User Reviews

Coreg - User Reviews

Coreg User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Coreg sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: connies3699, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 07

I started coreg 3.125mg twice a day,along with Lisinopril 10mg.once a day. I have had high blood pressure for 20yrs.,as well as hypothyroidism. I've had SLE(lupus) for 32yrs.and Avascular necrosis for 17yrs. I take a lot of medications,but this Coreg has made me feel horrible. I am totally exhausted. I get my daughter off to school at 7:30a.m.and have to lay back down because I'm so tired. I hate this medicine. I just can't function properly. I have fatigue from the lupus but nothing like I now have everyday.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 22

After 4 mos. on it, I retained fluid in legs, began to bloat, gain weight. This was controlled for a year then began to experience severe fatigue,couldn't climb stairs nor exercise well began to bloat again and found it impossible to lose weight, kept gaining. Finally off it. I'm a new person. I am able to walk at a brisk pase I can now walk up stairs without dragging myself up. I have so much renewed energy and I have my life back again, since I stopped taking it. This drug never helped me. It just interferred without my daily living. I suggest anyone taking this drug monitor themselves carefully.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: Tsy0224, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 13

My father is almost 90. Before Coreg he was mentaly Sharp. He did crossword puzzles daily with little effort. He had enjoyed all the things especilly dancing, and driving. When his heart rate dropped to 44 AFTER activity. I paniced. I was planning his funeral. My daughter, a RN to me he was over medicated. So, reluctently we took matters in our own hand. We cut the Coreg in half. We closely monitor his symptoms of CHF and to our amazement he came back to life. He is not tired all the time. He is not confused anymore. Within a weak he has become independent again. We have had about three months of these side effects. I am glad we figured out what was wrong. I only wish we would have sooner. Coreg seems to work. However, to much of it is WORSE!!!!!!

Comment from: mark, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 13

Caused a skin rash on my face and scalp. It was psoriasis common with Beta blockers (found this on WebMD). Did control my BP but I felt tired at times. I'll be asking for another BP med to replace this one.

Related Reading: rash | psoriasis | Beta blockers

Comment from: sandy, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 28

i tooke this for about 1 month. immediately i started having most of the side effects that have been reported here. i also had popping in all the joints in my fingers and after a few days developed trigger finger in 4 fingers. now i only have it in 1 finger. this drug nearly killed me and made me a semi invalid. cardiologist said it couldn't cause these problems.

Related Reading: trigger finger

Comment from: Frankodb, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 23

I take one 12.5 Coreg morning and evening. I also takeone Benicar 10mg in the morning . Recently have been experiencing periods of extreme Low Blood Pressure 75/55. I donot smoke or drink and walk 3miles every other day. Has anyone else had this problem?

Related Reading: Benicar | Low Blood Pressure

Comment from: Ms Bert, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 06

Just started Coreg; Doc took me off Cozzar & Toprolxl due to hair loss. Rx 25mg 2x am/pm. Took 1st pill last night, awoke this am with my stomach ulcers on fire. Took am meds but not Coreg - cut pill in half because my dosage I believe is too high. Took 1/2 pill Coreg and within 2 hours so dizzy I was passing out. Ended up too dizzy to stand, called relative who sent my sister over - my bp when I took it early before 1/2 pill taken was 93/43. I am diabetic,also. After passing out twice this afternoon my cousin stayed on the phone with me and my family came over. I am going to take the half pill and cut it in half tonight - so I will be taking 1/4th of the pill and see if this helps and doesn't inflame the stomach ulcers tonight. Otherwise, there is NO way I will go for very long with the side effects of this drug. The dizzyness by itself is too dangerous since i live alone. So far, I think the dosage of 25mg 2x a day is too high. Maybe if it is adjusted it might work for me. It certainly brings down the bp but the side effects are too troubling. My Nexium controls the ulcers so they are never a problem but after reading the monolith of this drug, I realize the Coreg is problem the problem. In the meantime, the bp goes too low, also. So far, this is too scary!

Related Reading: hair loss | Nexium