Coreg User Reviews

Coreg - User Reviews

Coreg User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Coreg sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: magsters, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 18

I am 58 yr old female who has been on the generic of coreg 12.5 mg twice a day for about 5 years. It has controlled my high blood pressure and I have had no side effects...after trying many different drugs for high blood pressure...this has been the best.

Comment from: jerikb, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 15

After signing up for a medical study, during the screening process they found my blood pressure high, and I told them I had recorded a 126/84 only 9 mos. earlier. They suggested I go see my doctor, and at his office I recorded a 160/110. He put me on coreg, and after 2 weeks my bp is 126/84 and resting hr of 72 bpm. Seems to be working, no other mediction prescribed. A bit of a nuisance at 2x daily as I have never been on any regular medication but as I am getting older into my later 40s I guess that's just a fact of life. I wouldn't say "dizzyness" as a side effect, but if I stand up too fast or turn my head to look another way quickly, it's sort of a "floating" sensation, almost like being at the top of a roller coaster rise, weightless. No loss of energy, but I'm not as excitable as I used to be. I have a very stressful job with daily delivery deadlines; now daily problems don't cause me to get as as upset anymore or cause my heart to pound the way it used to. We'll see how it goes. I don't think I really like it, but I think if the house was burning down around me I'd be saying "whatever" and just calmly find a way out and walk outside and watch it burn emotionless.

Comment from: young, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 28

Headaches, low engery , tired only been on it for 3 days but it has lowered my BP but not sure I like the side effects. Ladies is it worth it?

Comment from: Blueangellee, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 24

When I first started taking Coreg I felt tired & no energy. Now after about a month of taking it I feel fine.

Comment from: miracle_seeker, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 12

I am extremely tired, my legs hurt - I sleep most of the day. My doctor says to allow my body to get used to the medication. But, I cannot function - my HBP is okay, but not great.

Comment from: Karen, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 09

If you are on the right dose for the right purpose it should work very well for you. I have High BP and it's working. I take 10mgs. If you have side effects it might be a good idea to start at a low dose and work your way up. I tried ACE Inhibitors and they practically killed me! So I welcome this medication and hope it continues to work for me. :)

Related Reading: ACE Inhibitors

Comment from: boibbarback, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 16

I have been taking Coreg for 8 years with excellent results. last week my Doctor switched me over to the genric brand { Carvidol] now my blood pressur is up and my feet are swollen, could it be the Carvidol?

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 13

This Medication really works for me it has brought my blood pressure down alot since i started taking this.

Comment from: MrHappySunshine, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 15

My husband had heart surgery two years ago to fix a congenital heart defect (had a hole in his heart since birth, discovered it at 23, hole is now repaired). He had high BP and was initially given Metropolol to lower his BP and make his heart stop pounding all the time. He took the Metropolol for about a year and the symptoms were not going away, so the doctor put him on Carvedilol (generic for Coreg). Since he's been on it, the BP is normal, no fast heart beat and he feels great. This drug has been perfect for him with no side effects.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 29

I hace HBP and Cardiomyopathy. I been taking coreg for about 4 yrs. My dosage is 2-25mg in morning and night and 25 mg around noon time (total 125mg daily). I also take Diovan 320, Inspra 25mg, Norvasc 5mg, Digoxin 0.125mg and lasix 80mg 2x a day. I also take many other meds for diff medical issues. The coreg worked great for a long time, at one time I was on the heart transplant list. They believe the coreg was a big factor in increasing my muscle pumping blood back into my body. My probem is I have a difibulator which has/does go off on occasion as my HR goes up over 170 for 3 minutes at a time. Not a fun thing to experience. Not sure if the coreg is still working like it did in the past. Not sure if this is true but I have read that coreg should not be used as a long term solution. I sleep ALOT as well as get dizzy/lightheaded on occassion. Not sure what to think but it is getting depressing.

Related Reading: Cardiomyopathy | Diovan | Inspra