Corgard User Reviews

Corgard - User Reviews

Corgard User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Corgard sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 14

Takes about a month for it to be effective if you have a high amount of caffeine in your diet. Very effective in the prevention of migraines, but can give you a morning headache that will go away in about 10-15 minutes by drinking water or having orange juice.

Related Reading: prevention | headache

Comment from: Gamtnlady1, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 11

The drug has worked well to help keep my arrythmia stable. The only issues that I have with the medication is that as soon as I take it I had better be at home and not driving or at work because within thirty minutes I am about to fall asleep in my tracks. Rarely does this not happen, but that is how my body responds.

Comment from: vinny, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years Published: April 05

Been on the generic for about 20 years and just recently had some more skip beats and fast heart rate,had a sucessful stress test and try to exercise 3 times a week,but heart was still racing.Started with 20mg a day then increased in the last two months to 30mg am & pm but not working,so I started Inderal LA 80 mg 1 a day yesterday and hope this works if not I will go back on Corgard.Very good drug for a long time,guess I need to change and see if this works.

Related Reading: stress | Inderal LA | Corgard

Comment from: Laureen Thompson, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years Published: September 24

I have used this drug since I was twenty-three years old. It has been beneficial for me in regards to also having diabetes. I am not on diabetic medication and it lowers my blood sugar. I stopped having sinus problems after being on this medication for awhile. It keeps my blood pressure at 150 even when my sugar is low. I believe the pills should not be split. The 20 milligrams should be used more than the 40 milligrams, because it pushes your blood pressure down too low, the 40 milligrams. You stay ahead of other diseases, like liver disease, because it aids the liver when you are a diabetic. Please get the word out there about Corgard and keep people taking this drug (Brand Only) no Generic. Thank You, Laureen Thompson

Related Reading: diabetes | liver disease | liver

Comment from: jackwclark16, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 21

My hand tremors have been reduced somewhat since taking CORGARD for the last 3 weeks.

Related Reading: tremors

Comment from: Ellieanne, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 12

I have been taking Corgard for 2 years and I have gained almost 30 lbs even though I exercise regularly and watch my diet; my hair has thinned on top (I'm female and it's bad), I have joint pain, nightmares and insomnia. I asked for a change in medication and immediately all my symptoms went away and my weight is decreasing gradually. I wouldn't take this drug again.

Related Reading: nightmares | insomnia

Comment from: Karen, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 14

I have been taking 40mg 1xDailyAM for 37 years for Migraine prevention. IF I have a breakthrough, I use Midrin. Corgard has kept me from ER and Dr. visits with blinding, vomiting, insidiously painful migraines. 20mg does not work, as I have tried switching to a lower dose several times. Quality of life is everything!

Related Reading: Migraine | Midrin

Comment from: Sally L, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 29

I have been taking this drug for a racing heart since I was 23 years old, some 40 years ago. Generics do not work as effectively as this drug. I do not know where I would be at this time without it.

Heart Health