Coumadin User Reviews

Coumadin - User Reviews

Coumadin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Coumadin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: jincolorado, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 24

This medication was prescribed to me in low dose to help my heart normalize (atrial fibrillation) before I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. The side effects of this drug are staggering, it's potent stuff. Follow your dosage and precautions exactly. It's been difficult to find an acceptable median between results and side effects, leading to bi-weekly pro-time tests and seemingly constant assessments. Over all, I would ask my doctor about other treatment options before beginning this as a therapy.

Related Reading: hyperthyroidism

Comment from: kurttrainman, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 20

I am on 5mg once a day,taken before going to sleep. I am constatnly very tired and fall asleep easily during the day when I am not working. I am very upset and I have felt felt this tired before.

Comment from: on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 19

This is a tough drug to use. You need regular blood tests which become expensive and tedious after awhile and you need to watch your diet. Difficult to say if the drug is working long term or if i'm recovering naturally. Because this is the accepted drug for PE, doctors don't tell you about the side effects, except for potential bleeding if you take too much. Hair loss, fatigue and chest congestion are pretty common among users. But then, the alternative of not taking it and risking another PE isn't so good either!

Comment from: tgregorytx, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 07

I am tired all the time and my hair is falling out. Hard to maintain therapeutic levels either too high or too low.

Comment from: tao264, Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 26

Ive been this stuff four weeksi have: yellow skin, nausea constant, effected my right side of my body, cant eat and have lost 12 lbs, have sever foot pain,very tired there is no way can take this much longer the list seems to get longer everyday taking this horrible drug

Related Reading: foot pain

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 11

I've been on this stuff since may 07 and will be off by december 07. It can tear your stomach up if you don't eat before taking it. I'm always tired. It take great effort to get motivated to do chores and such. Its a nessesary evil after the medical complication I had (Pulmanary embolism), but I will be dancing a Jig when its done with.

Comment from: aramfan, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 31

I had an aortic valve replacement about 5 years ago and have been on coumadin ever since. I am usually tired, and my legs and arms are often achy and sore(crampy). Have seen my Doctor numerous times about my symptoms and he thinks it is related to the coumadin. I wish I didn't have to take this for the rest of my life!!!!!!!!!!

Comment from: FedUp, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 10

I too, like most of you, hate this drug. It is a well known fact that it is a "rat poison" and yet there is no alternative out there less severe? My mom, who also takes it, reports they did some studies recently of a new drug coming out as an alternative but I haven't heard of it yet. Anyone else? I've tried to tell my doctor that I'd rather take aspirin to thin my blood but I think he gets kickbacks from the pharmaceutical company based on how much he prescribes it? LOL

Comment from: Barb, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 27

Diagnosed with AFib 2 months ago. Given this along with lanoxin. Extreme anxiety attacks and depression. Very tired all day. Did nothing but sleep but I felt so bad I didn't care. Doctor took me off of it. Now I don't know what to expect for stopping blood clots.

Related Reading: lanoxin | anxiety | depression

Comment from: DCMIHM64@AOL.COM, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 23

I HAVE PURPLE SPOTS ON MY LEGS also my head sweats i have a-fib