Cozaar User Reviews

Cozaar - User Reviews

Cozaar User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Cozaar sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Glora, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: September 19

I have diabetes and take 25 mg am and 25 mg at bedtime as prescribed by physcian. It seems to keep the BP pretty well under control.

Related Reading: diabetes

Comment from: desertdude, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 27

Works great in lowering my BP(120/65)but major side effect is unable to take a deep breath and shortness of breath as if a band around my chest.

Comment from: sun2moon, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 01

just beware~~~ on new year's eve of this year (08), my blood pressure got pretty high. (AND NO ALCOHOL) i had not taken cozaar for about 5 days because we went out of town before my Rx was ready. i took 1- 100mg tablet. OMG! about 12:15 a.m. new year's day i walked into the kitchen for a cookie before bed. well, i got to the cookies~~~ next i knew i was waking up on the floor looking up at the ceiling. Managed to get myself up, only to wake up to the ceiling again. this time i awoke in GREAT PAIN! My husband helped me (gingerly) to my chair. we took my BP~~~55/33!!!! An ER nurse wanted me to come on in.... on new year's eve??? NO WAY!!! after giving my foot 3 more days to improve i decided to find out what was wrong. well, 3 fractured metatarsals in my left foot! after casting, walking in a boot and still complaining about pain with walking at 4 months, i ended up having foot surgery last week to reset the bone with a plate and screws. this is to warn those taking this drug~~~ do not restart the drug at FULL STRENGTH! 1/2 the pill would have been safer as i've learned from experience. you can always take more if 1/2 doesn't do the trick, but please don't make the mistake i did!

Related Reading: cozaar

Comment from: snes, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 04

take every morning, no side affects, blood pressure is good

Comment from: Whitenight, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: January 10

For me Cozaar has lowered my bloodpressure, but I have to supplement the cozaar tablet (100mg)daily dose, with a Norvasc 5mg tablet each day. My blood pressure numbers now average the 130's over the 80's. Previous to any medication I averaged the 150's/160's over 90 to 96. My doctor is happy with the new numbers made possibe by the two medications. I am a 61 yr. old, six feet tall, average weight of 195 lbs. white male, with a family history of hypertension, both mother and father. The down side of taking both medications for me is a daily sluggish feeling that can be overcome, but not without pushing myself through it. However, from my hypertension research, lowering my bloodpressure is a fair trade-off to the side effects I experience from taking the combined medications.

Related Reading: Norvasc

Comment from: Sassy1, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 09

Had borderline high blood pressure, now down to normal. Also have hypothyroidism (doc misread thyroid blood test in 1987...always ask for blood work copies!!!)which led to 140 pound weight gain over 7 years and subsequently Type II diabetes with Restless Leg Syndrome. Mirapex for RLS coupled with Cozaar can lead to fainting as both have this side effect. For me it is especially bad on hotter days. Have had many UTI's that always travel to kidneys by the time I find out (no pain in bladder). Have almost constant hip/lower back pain since starting this and causes a severe lack of sleep (4-5 hours per night). Have frequent headaches and other muscles tend to get sore/tight very easily. I also take metformin, glypizide and Byetta (have lost 45 pounds since Nov.). I have an increased red rash under the skin from the cozaar and have a rare side effect from metformin which is a severe sensitivity to sunlight/sunburn. Hopefully with a little more weight loss both the diabetes and tendency to higher blood pressure will disappear entirely along with the side effects.

Comment from: paws4parker, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 29

My Dr. has had me on 40/25 of Benicar HCT since Oct. of 2009. My BP had been 155/90, and it brought it down to low 100's/ high 60's...sometimes being VERY low! As of Dec 2009, I started cutting the pill in half , taking it in the morning with my other meds. I did this(without informing my Dr., but did my husband) because I had such EXTENSIVE fatigue it wasn't funny. Also had runny nose, dizziness, higher blood sugar, joint pain along with going to the bathroom nearly every hour! Once I cut these suckers in half, it took about a week, I did notice a big difference in my energy level & sex drive and my BP stayed down! At the beginning of January this year, my insurance co. said that they are no longer covering the Benicar & so my Dr., gave me samples of Mycardis...which I researched & decided that the side effects were NOT something I wanted to tolerate.So I started doing my own research on which high blood pressure meds I felt I could deal with, and finally found Cozaar...very few side effects listed & the reviews here were pretty encouraging. I told him what I had done as far as researching a BP med for myself & he said "Oh darling, the BP meds ARE ALL THE SAME!" Like hell they are! Then he proceded to give me more samples of Hyzaar...which I refused...so he reluctantly wrote me a script to start me on a LOW DOSAGE (which I also insisted on!) Anyway I'll be filling it this weekend, so we'll see where this takes me! I strongly urge everyone...DO YOUR RESEARCH!!! ALL BP MEDS ARE ...NOT...THE SAME!!! YOU ARE...The person putting these meds in your own body! BE Responsible for your own health!!! I'll give an update in a couple of weeks. Thanks

Related Reading: Benicar HCT | fatigue | dizziness