Creon 20 User Reviews

Creon 20 - User Reviews

Creon 20 User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Creon 20 sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: mema, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 01

I had pancreatic cancer and had the whipple procedure done 2 1/2 years ago. Creon has helped immensely in digesting food and maintaining weight.

Related Reading: pancreatic cancer | Creon

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 19

Like the previous person, I also have to take 2 pills per meal, but it works better than any other pancreatic enzyme I've tried.

Comment from: 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 18

i find it very easy to use. i question the dosage per meal. i take 2 per meal daily

Comment from: ReeAnnM, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: May 21

I have been on digestive enzymes since 1999 when I failed a fecal fat test, when I was was first turning chronic with the pancreatitis. In February 2008 I had life giving surgery where my pancreas (and spleen) was removed, the pancreas broken down to cellular level, and the cells that control blood sugar were transplant back into my liver. This surgery has kiterally saved my life! But without a pancreas, I definitely need to take Creon every time I eat or even take other oral medications. Unfortunately it is a very expensive medication because of recent FDA rulings that any medical that was grandfathered into approval, must got though the same testing as new drug. So the number of enzymes manufacturers went from about 18 down to 3 presently, which further drove the price up. I am now in the donut hole with medicare coverage and I don't know how I am going to afford this medication I need to live. Any suggestions are most welcome,

Related Reading: pancreatitis | liver

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 10

Stopped the severe pain of chronic pancreatitus, and severe diareah makes me feel much better.

Comment from: donna, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 29

I have pancreas divisum so to cut down on my pancreas making enzymes because i have 2 bile ducts and have had 2 stents put in. I have drainage problems in this area.

Related Reading: pancreas divisum

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 07

I had a surgery around 14 years ago, the Dr. in The Memorial Hospital in Miami, told me I had 90% possibilities to had CANCER, he took my 45% Pancreas, Thank God, it was not CANCER, since that day I take the Creon until today, y feel a normal person.

Related Reading: CANCER

Comment from: jaeich, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 08

It has helped me not to be as sick (pancreatitus) and to eat better

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 03

chronic diarrhea and pancreatic divisum

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: Mother G, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 02

My condition is chronic and not alchohol related.---I am a non drinker. I was using Pangestyne, but still continued to have pain after eating.---I use 1/3 as much Creon and suffer no pain or colon problems. It is working great! I really believe its coating protects the enzyme until it gets past the stomach and lets it dissolve at the proper time and place. I am very pleased with Creon 20 But,I may not be able to continue this great drug because of it's cost!! Please note that most drug warehouses do not store any of the enzyme drugs at the manufacturers recommended temperature !! I live in a hot state and heat is a killer for this drug---Pangestyne seemed to be more affected by the incorrect storage--bad batches were very common. I have not experienced that affect with Creon.

Related Reading: Creon 20