Creon 20 User Reviews

Creon 20 - User Reviews

Creon 20 User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Creon 20 sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 10

I have np clue why I am taking it.

Comment from: littlegull, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 05

I took this medication for a year and a half. My digestive system was damaged by antibiotics and I also have Crohns. My concern was I had a urinary track frequency and pain problem for about a year. Has anyone else experienced this side effect? The pain stopped when I stopped taking it. My doctor doesn't think the creon caused it, but I saw it listed as a side effect in the medication side effect section. I am having hypoglycemia symptoms now and started taking it again. Perhaps a lower dosage might help? Any input from users of this medication would be appreciated.

Related Reading: hypoglycemia

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 07

I have taken this medication for 24 hrs now, developed sever headache this morning, lots of belching and gas, now I have been throwing up severly, dont think this med is for me calling dr in the am and telling them to stick it where the sun dont shine!!! no diareahea today though, i think I rather have the bathroom problem and not the throwing up problem it also made my blood sugar raise by 110. Feel MISERABLE!

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: Kamccle, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 10

I had a whipple and was taking this med and was covered by the VA. Then I had to start paying for it on my own. It is truly beyond reach even for copayment. Dino law to the rescue, he has professional knowledge of drug companies and told me I could get the same thing over the counter. I do now at about $25 for a month or so supply. IT WORKS GREAT. And I can tell because without my enzymes I am in terrible pain. No more pain. And my wallet is not drained

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 22

I, too, have no idea why I am taking this drug. I do have a chronic cough since taking it. Will discuss soon with gastroenterologist.

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: bb, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 25

I am currently taking this medication for approximately 6 months. It works much better than the last enzyme I was on I am not losing weight and my appetite has increased not to mention it keeps things under control. I have been taking enzymes now since June 2006 after a whipple proceedure. The biggest issue is the cost and finding a medicare plan that will cover it. My current plan has dropped it from there formulary so I am searching for another enzyme equal to this one or I may have to switch medicare plans.

Comment from: Sam, Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 17

CREON CAUSES CROAN'S DISEASE and/or ULCERATIVE COLITIS!!!!!!!! DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICINE!! I hope readers will read this and heavily consider my advice. I began taking Creon 24,000 2 weeks ago, and 1 DAY after beginning Creon I began seeing blood in my stool. Yesterday I had a colonoscopy to see what is going on because I was afraid it would be colon cancer, being that I had all the symptoms of colon cancer. The result of the colonoscopy was that I had proctitive colitis, (an inflammation of the rectum). The doctor told me this was either heredity or caused by possible anal sex. The "heredity" theory was totally bogus (bullshit) since there was absolutely no evidence of this online, and anal sex is even more of a ridiculous theory being that I would never stick anything up my ass other than the colon camera to see whats happening if it killed me. I later went home and spent hours online researching and finally realized this all started IMMEDIATELY after taking Creon, and to my surprise rectal inflammation is one of the side effects!! Here it is: Proctitive Coloitis eventually inflames your colon which is then called ulceritive colotis or croan's disease. These are very serious diseases of the colon that may be deadly! What's very suspicious is how new Creon is, and that it is THE ONLY medication available in the united states for pancreatitis! there is no other medication sisnce the government took Ultrace off the market. Ultrace worked for me before, when it was available; now the lobbyists working for this Solvay company that makes Creon were able to push it through so strong that they're the only company that offers pancreatic enzymes. They are VERY shady, especially since they charge $1013.00 for a 200 capsules! Then they have this payment program that they offer on their website, where you basically tell them how much you make, so they can determine how much they can rob you for!! PLEASE BE CAREFUL.

Related Reading: ULCERATIVE COLITIS | colon cancer | colitis