Creon 5 User Reviews

Creon 5 - User Reviews

Creon 5 User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Creon 5 sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Onomatopoet, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 23

I'm post-Whipple (partial pancreatectomy + lower half of stomach to jejunem + gall bladder & bile duct removed + spleenectomy) 4-years ago. Gestazym (OTC) works as well as Creom (both are enteric coated) for me. But in either case the dose may need to be titrated; e.g., you might get by with one tab/capsule for breakfast and snacks, you may need 2 or 3 for lunch or dinner. You'll know by what issues later. There is another side-effect that's not discussed ... the flatulence (GAS). Beeno (alpha galactose enzyme) is the old standby (must be taken BEFORE the first bite); for me it's 3-5 tabs/meal. Digestive (Gas) Advantage (mainly Bacillus coagulans) is better; but I must take one per meal (not one per day). Before taking any of these, READ THE LABELS! I hope this helps, and I wish you well. JHN

Comment from: Val K., 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 21

My dr has has had me since a pancreatic attack 8 years ago-1200 units-2 before snack, 3 before meals. It causes me severe diarrhea, and I think he made a mistake. I small and wigh 140lbs. He's too busy to call me back ever...We are a small area and he thinks he's "superman" and now has no time for us "little people". Jerk. Afraid to go off. He is Dr. Takis, Mayo, Mankato,MN.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: crissy, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 24

If I bloat it takes the bloating away right away.